the ninth letter

percy,

this is the part drew needs to know. kronos came to me because i was feeling helpless. as much as i love my sister, i can't handle her problems and mine. it's hard to pretend that i'm fine. all these expectations and responsibilities were piling up towards the sky, and no matter how quickly i finished them, the pile only increased.

kronos came to me because i needed help. i know i shouldn't have agreed, but what choice did i have? i was already dying. i wasn't scared to die in battle because i had nothing to lose. i was so close to cutting the strings already. 

that titan is smart. he knew how to manipulate me. 

but in the end, i can't do anything about it.

i will always be a puppet.

kronos'. and i was yours, too. 

i don't know if being controlled by kronos or you was worse. because when i was following you like a baby duck, i didn't know you were controlling me. i didn't know you did it on purpose. maybe that's why it hurts even more to know that you sacrifice your life for me.

honestly, i don't know why i thought you'd care about a traitor.

the word is spoken like a curse. like sharp glass shards, the word torments me everyday. 

traitor.

what if they hear about what you did with your little manipulation of liquid trick?

who would be the traitor now?

— serena.