Newfound Jealousy

Akari's discovering the side effects of love, one of them being, jealousy, but does he realize this? Of course not! He just chooses to deny these feelings, but how long can this last before it's obvious?

Chapter Five: Newfound Jealousy

Ever since going to the beach Akari couldn't think straight. He was forced to realize he did like Honey, but now he had no idea what to do. Even Fuji got worried over his friend.

"I'm glad you finally accepted your feelings, A-chan, but you need to calm down." Fuji tried to comfort his friend.

"How can I calm down!? I can't stop thinking about him." Akari replied facepalming the table blushing fiercely. He was more worried about messing up with Honey now more than ever. Now he had feelings to add to the mix.

"That's what happens when you like someone, your heart beats faster when they're around you. You can't help but want to be with them all the time. It feels better when you realize they want the same thing with you." Fuji told him softly. "Sometimes you just have to listen to your heart instead of always relying on your brain." He told him and hugged his friend.

"You're going to be fine, Akari. I promise." Fuji smiled at him.

Akari looked back and sighed. "It'll be your fault if it doesn't turn out fine, got it." He told him, but Fuji just grinned and gave him a thumbs up.

He got better throughout the day. Well that was because he wasn't around Honey during school time. Though Honey did like to show up unexpectantly and hang around him before classes.

"Kari! Let's have lunch together." Honey told him as Akari stepped out of class. He could hear and see others watching him and just finding him and Honey cute together... Or more like just Honey.

Akari nodded, but he did feel a bit weird with the looks towards Honey. Especially when Honey interacted back. He wasn't used to this feeling and he really didn't like it.

Honey held his hand smiling up at him making him blush slightly and look away but squeezed his hand back.

While they ate lunch together it wasn't just them, Mori was there along with guests and host club members. He was informed that this just something they were trying out today and he couldn't be feel off about not just eating with Honey.

He watched Honey talk with girls smiling and laughing and he just felt weird, that they had too much of Honey's attention, especially when the compliments came in. Honey would call them pretty and other stuff and he felt his chest tighten up hearing this stuff and it was confusing to him.

He was just thankful lunch didn't last long but he didn't have much of an appetite than he thought as the bell rang and he hardly touched his food.

"I thought you ate lunch with Honey Senpai." Fuji asked him while eating a bento.

"I don't do that all the time, he didn't ask me this time." Akari replied as he had this feeling in his chest that he had when he had lunch with Honey when the Hosts were doing their job.

Just thinking about it made it worse as he spaced out while eating until there was nothing left before he knew it.

"Uh, You okay?" Fuji asked him as he watched Akari looking down at his empty tray.

"I'm fine." Akari snapped and stood up and headed off with his tray, Fuji watched after him knowing something was up and he was going to find out.

And find out he did by stalking his friend through school. Fuji saw the way Akari looked when others talked about Honey, or if his name was said.