Raw Monologue

Veera is a badass Bae, anyone who doesn't agree can argue with a wall.

Veera Raghavan is the best Thalapathy has looked on screen. He always does look cute and (every other beautiful adjective) but Veera was somehow even better.

It is a complex character and there is a ton of stuff to explore and implore.

missnwrites has requested a fic on him and here is the first of many.

Asusual a muse fic.

It is a thin line.... The difference between a beast who is a hunter and beast who is a monster.

Veera Raghavan was a beast, one of raw's greatest assets but he never was a monster.

Veera fought to  save people, he killed to save people and he loved it.

He had to... Otherwise he would start hating himself.

And it is a problem when you hate yourself, especially when there is an inner monologue going on inside you.

Veera was trained to be a spy along with a soldier, so he knows that this is just an annoying nag his brain is trying to pull.

But when he is all alone, surrounded by dead bodies or covered in blood or hiding behind a bush or leaning over a sink, it speaks to him and he speaks back.

The first time it speaks something prominent  is when he is training to kill, it asks him if he really thinks he can kill someone.

He startles at first then coolly asks the voice, 'why are you asking me this?'

It misses a beat and then responds, 'you might be training to kill, you might look tough and gruff, but I know you... Deep inside you are still a child, innocent and pure.'

He was 12 then, he answers back to the voice  when he is 14, after his first kill.

It wasn't planned or anything, a handful of terrorists had infiltrated the camp and two of them had his batch cornered.

The kids made a plan of disarming them, they had their training guns and knives. The guns wouldn't have done much but distract they weren't real guns. But the knives could harm them.

So, the batch came up with a plan, when the terrorists frisk each of them for weapons, especially when they reach Veera and kid named Jagadish, the kids in the back would fire the guns to distract them and Veera and Jagadish would injure them with knives.

The plan went along splendidly and it was time to act, then instead of driving the knife into the terrorists' shoulder blade, Veera drives it into his throat.

Every other kid present there looked at him either in respect or wariness, but beneath it all was horror.

As the terrorist died coughing and spurting out blood, Veera stood there bathing in it. He stood there looking into the terrorists' eyes as life drains out.

So, now as he is leaning on the sink rubbing out blood that is long scrubbed out but still visible to Veera's eyes, he barks out to the voice...