Faustian Bargain

So the title is the trope here.

This story is based on the trope given by EmpressofTime1109 Thank you and I hope you like it.

The character is Vetri.

They say a magic is a process... It takes a good amount of preparation. The bigger the trick is the more preparation it takes. But how does one prepare for something like this? This might be the biggest trick of his life... He has no room for failure here. 

So how does he prepare for this??

He can't go to vadivu, no.. no maaran either! And Anu... maybe he should start with anu. Yea-NO. He can't do this. He won't be able to. 

He clicks his tongue and stops his repeating stride. He looks at his desk and all the papers sprawled at them. 

It strikes him that it's time. It's starting. He chides himself for getting lost in the spiral of aftermath when the present needs him desperately. He collects everything he will need (almost, there are a few things he will need to pick up) while muttering a vague checklist to himself. Maybe Maaran's rubbing off on him. 

He almost chuckles but it doesn't sail past his throat and he sighs. Well, first things first!

'

The crunch of the gravelly road beneath his feet greets him as he walks on the familiar road. Even though this was once his home, there is atremble set into his nerves and he hopes it doesn't show in his movements. 

Vetri smiles at the children who are playing around the compound, he reaches the door with the full intent of pushing it open and walking in and getting this done. But his steps stride to a stop and his hand pauses.

How does one do this? 

He takes a deep breath and pushes the door open. He walks letting his body guide him through familiar motion. Salim chacha recognises him through his footsteps alone. He pauses and turns sharply to look at him. 

Vetri lazily settles  into the chair opposite him.

Chacha clicks his tongue once and goes, "What are you up to now?" 

Vetri chuckles, "No hi or hello at least?" 

Chacha frowns and vetri pouts, "Come one we haven't seen each other in years.."

 Chacha leans back and curtly says, "and whose fault is that?"

Vetri almost parrots back a retort, almost. This could be the last conversation he's ever going to have with chacha and he's not going to waste it.

"You know I'm glad I got to be your disciple" Vetri admits. Although he might  not be able to call himself that anymore, no he's sure, after what he's about to do he won't be chacha's disciple anymore. 

Chacha peers at him as if he's actually looking at him and trying to study at him. Vetri sighs, "I'm just saying thank you..." 

He doesn't get anything except for an 'hmmm' as if asking him to continue. So he does, "I had nothing. I didn't have anyone and then you took me in. You and Vadivu.. you raised me." He remembers the conversation he had with Vadivu and chuckles, "I know I didn't make it easy. I was a complete menace... So-"