overnight camp [murphy siblings]

Connor was all set. His bags were packed and he wore a huge smile. He was ready for his first-ever overnight camp. Just as he was about to walk out the door, however, Zoe's bedroom door flung open, with the young girl jumping down the stairs two at a time.

"Con," she started, grabbing his arm, "where are you going?"  

Despite only being a year older, Connor was quite a bit taller than Zoe, so she was often forced to look up to make eye contact with him. 

Her eyes normally held such warmth and innocence, but today, they were replaced with confusion and hurt. 

Shoot. In all of his excitement, he'd forgotten to tell Zoe he was leaving. 

"I..."

"You're leaving?" 

She sounded so vulnerable. 

And he felt terrible.

"Zo... I- I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you. I meant to, I really did."

She let go of his arm, breaking the eye contact. "For how long are you leaving, Connor?"

Connor. Not 'Con'. 

Connor. 

He was afraid to tell her. 

"I'm leaving for a week. 7 days."

Zoe's eyes sparkled, voice trembling. "Have a good time."

He watched her retreating form, desperate to break the silence, but unsure how to. 

Finally, he called out hastily, "Zoe! Zoe, wait!"

She paused at the top of the staircase, still not looking at him. 

He unzipped his favourite hoodie and ran towards her. "Here, take this. Maybe it'll help with the long distance." 

For a good few seconds, Zoe considered while Connor waited. 

He was immensely relieved when she took it, put it on- and hugged him

"Thanks, Con. You're the best." 

Cynthia would later tell him that she slept with the hoodie on every night until he returned.

this is so cute ahhhhhahdshasdh my heart is melting rn 

also mike faist out of context vids are literally so stress-relieving ;-;