secret santa - part 2 [treebros]

i am impatient so i'm releasing this earlier than believed when i should be studying for my bio final haha.... 

enjoy nevertheless!

Connor was a procrastinator. He did almost everything last minute, and this was no different. It was the 19th of December — the day of the gift exchange. After spending nearly two hours at the mall, Connor had finally found something he was sure Evan would love.

A box of chocolates shaped in an assortment of trees.

There wasn't much time left before the event so he rushed home, brainstorming what he'd write in the card as he drove back.

***

As everyone gathered around the Murphy's fireplace, Connor could hardly contain his excitement.

Jared had gotten Zoe a sheet music book with selections from all her favorite musicals, and she'd made him his favorite kind of cookies (making sure it was 420-themed).

Alana and Veronica had gifted each other books, both united by their love of academics.

So that left Evan and Connor. The blond handed the brunet a bulky bag, which turned out to be a Weasley-style jumper with a large golden C.

In return, Connor gifted his gift to Evan — and to his delight, was greeted by a squeal and countless thank you's.

But apparently, Evan wasn't done. "I have one last gift for you," he told Connor, acutely aware that their friends were gazing at him with curiosity. "It's not an item, per se," he mumbled, going red in the face.

"Okayyyyy," Connor replied, dragging the Y out of habit. "What is it?"

Instead of a reply, Evan pulled Connor in his arms.

A hug?

Not that he was against it. In fact, Connor loved it. He'd wondered what hugging Evan would feel like for a while as his crush on his friend grew. He'd guessed it would be sweet- and he was right.

"Thanks Ev, but wha-?"

Zoe didn't miss the usage of Evan's nickname.

Said blond pulled a piece of paper from his pocket. "W-well, I didn't know what else to get you, s-so..."

Suddenly, it all made sense, and the paper Evan showed Connor merely proved his hypothesis to be correct.

Connor
1. a sweater
2. no clue; surprise me
3. lmfao idk, a hug?

"Thank you, Ev," he whispered. "That was probably the most meaningful gift I've ever gotten."

And the two boys were inseparable ever since. It truly had been Connor's most magical Christmas ever.