Reborn

Hancock woke up in the middle of the night panting and drenched in sweat. She had a really bad dream. She couldn't recall the specifics, but it was strange that the dream felt so real.

"Onee-sama, are you okay?"

Sandersonia, her younger sister, immediately handed her a glass of water while rubbing her back.

She drank the water carefully and calmed her breathing.

"Onee-sama, your fever still hasn't gone down. Do you want us to summon Elder Nyon to check on you?" The youngest among them, Marigold, now worriedly asked.

She waved her hand to tell them it's fine, even though her head was aching painfully and she felt a little cold.

"The two of you can leave now. You both need to get some rest too," she says, her voice croaky and a bit husky due to a slight soreness in her throat.

Her two younger sisters were now on either side of her bed, looking at her worriedly.

"You've had a fever since yesterday, and we're all very concerned for your well-being. We will never leave you're until you were feeling better." Sandersonia replied.

She softened at what her sister said. She knew how stubborn her sisters could be, especially when it came to her welfare. They were her second-in-commands and it was their duty to protect the empress, but they were also her blood sisters, and they were the ones who worried about her above everyone else.

"The tribe is also worried about you," she continued. "That's why you need to recover quickly. Luffy-sama visited earlier, his training had already ended, but you were asleep the whole day. That's why he said he would come back and visit you tomorrow morning."

She didn't mind the other things she had said the only thing that was on her mind was

Luffy!

Her heart skipped a beat upon hearing the boy's name. Her face turned red and waves of happiness engulfed her heart at the thought that Luffy would visit her tomorrow. She suddenly wanted time to move faster.

Her two sisters simply observed their elder sister daydreaming as if she wasn't sick. They were used to seeing their sister act strangely ever since she fell in love with the first man who infiltrated their homeland, Amazon Lily.

Both of them looked at each other and bowed slightly as a sign of respect to the empress of the Kuja tribe.

"We will excuse ourselves. Onee-sana, we are just outside the door. Call us if you need anything."

The empress turned to look at them.

"I feel fine now, you both can rest assured and get some rest as well."

She said with authority, a sign that she's not asking for their permission but ordering them.

The two girls had no choice but to obey their older sister.

When the two left.

Hancock couldn't sleep. She was excited about seeing Luffy tomorrow. Luffy had been training on Rusukaina, an island near Amazon Lily, under Rayleigh's guidance, for over two years.

Since Rayleigh said that no women are allowed during the training, she hasn't seen Luffy for the past two years, that's why she's looking forward to seeing the boy again.

"What a relief! I'm so glad you're okay now, Hammock!"

Luffy said while eating messily the meat the cooks had prepared, she would've just prepared it himself, but she wasn't in a good enough condition yet to move.

'Ah! Luffy is worried about me. I can die happy.'

She's over the moon with her thoughts.

"Two years have passed already. It's time for me to return to the Sabaody Archipelago and reunite with my crew! I'm excited to see them again!"
Luffy exclaimed cheerfully.

Even though she's not completely satisfied that Luffy will now leave to go back to his friends, she's glad that he has finally recovered from the death of his brother and is back to his usual self again. What matters to her the most is the boy's happiness.

"Are you sure you wouldn't want to get married to me and stay here on the Amazon Lily?"

She somehow hopes that Luffy might have changed his mind over the past two years.

She once harbored a deeply rooted hatred towards men, and she had no idea where it came from. She simply believed that all men were selfish and cruel. She held this belief for years, until she met Luffy. She fell in love with the boy's selfless and carefree personality.

The once uncaring and cruel pirate empress Boa Hancock has allowed her softer and more compassionate side to resurface since then.

"I will not marry you."

Luffy chewed while staring at her blankly.

She is used to Luffy turning down her marriage proposals, but she is not deterred in the slightest by this, she still loves him very much.

And no matter how many times Luffy rejected her, she would never stop asking him, and she would always respect whatever response he gave her. She felt content just by seeing Luffy doing well.

Luffy wanted freedom, and she would never deprive him of it. She belonged to his Strawhat crew and to the sea and would always support him in his dream of becoming the King of the Pirates.