Chapter 48 : Serene Hamlet

Once she was done replying, she left the page and habitually opened her comments. Then, she happened upon a message that Tzuyu had tagged her in.

[Tzuyu: It’s been awhile since filming is over. I haven’t seen Kim Jennie for some time now. But when I did see her I was so delighted I could barely hold my glass steady … also~ Kim Jennie is as beautiful as ever. @ Jennie {photo attached}]

The photo she chose was the one they had taken a long time ago at the charity night.

Jennie didn’t even want to look at the comments below. She had no intention to comment, repost, or even like the post. She was about to close her Instagram when Rosé called; knowing well the caller’s intention, she walked to the balcony before picking up.

“How long has it been since I have left that you stir up trouble?” Rosé roared on the other end of the line.

Jennie decided to go the emotional route. “Rosé, you really didn’t see what they said to me, it’s too much.”

“They said you’re sleeping with Minho,” Rosé snorted. “I saw that piece of news long ago.”

Jennie was confused. “Then why didn’t you say so earlier?”

“Isn’t it because I’m afraid Director Manoban would mistake you?” Rosé was in a noisy area. “It wasn’t even a big deal, you could have settled it with a few sentences but you just had to make it complicated and use rude words when replying … Is it that you think you have too few haters?”

“’It’s none of my business is considered rude?” Jennie was flabbergasted.

“What else?!” Rosé tsked. “How do you intend to settle it?”

Jennie leant against the railings. “Is there a way?”

“Yes!” Rosé said with bad cheer. “One, you go and delete your reply; two, I go and delete your reply!”

“Three?” Jennie gingerly asked.

“Three, leave it alone, let the haters hate, we just don’t bother to clarify.”

“I choose three!” Jennie didn’t even bother considering it. “Besides, what do I have to clarify? I have no business with this whole thing anyway.”

“There’s a bunch of people in the comments section trying to make it your problem; if you don’t clarify, it would be troublesome. Besides, a big celebrity and a small assistant –how could it be this romantic … if it weren’t that I saw it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t believe it either. Right now, the comments section is generally leaning towards believing Daisy went in to help you take something.”

“What’s so romantic about it? Have you forgotten that the media not only got Daisy in the photo but also Tzuyu?”

The other side was silent for a few seconds. “Don’t mention Tzuyu. Right, she tagged you in Instagram, did you see it?”

“Yes.”

“Ignore her, let her go do her thing and see if she’s awkward … it’d keep her from continuing to try to find you. All right, I’m hanging up, I’ll discuss with the company about how to deal with this.” Rosé sounded exasperated.

The call ended at that. Jennie was a little surprised. Usually, Rosé would try to talk her into at least liking Tzuyu’s post or something no matter what. But this time around, neither had she nagged nor dressed her down about it.

“Done?”

When she turned around, she saw Lisa wearing a simple grey T-shirt. She had no idea how long he’d been there for.