Chapter 65 : So Good

When Lisa went to call Mother Manoban, Jennie sat cross-legged beside him anxiously, raising her head and staring at him. Not going home because of a girlfriend– no matter how one thought about it, it sounded like someone being unreasonable.

But when Lisa was talking about this to his mother, he still had time to kiss her a few times.

The phone was on speaker. After hearing it, Mother Manoban went ‘oh’ for a long while, causing Jennie’s heart to rise and keeping her in suspense.

“Ah…” Mother Manoban thought about it. “I bought a lot of the snacks you like, then I’ll have Uncle Lee send them over.”

Not expecting it to be so easy, Jennie widened her eyes, blinking a few times.

Finding it funny, Lisa pinched her face. “No need, we can buy ourselves.”

“It’s alright, I’ve already bought them. They’re for you anyways, Yeri doesn’t like them.” Mother Manoban said, “Then you treat her well, when something like this happens, no one would be in a good mood, you’ve got to be more accommodating. Don’t treat her like you’d your soldiers.”

Lisa answered, “Yeah, I’m worshipping her.”

Jennie bit him on the back of his hand.

Mother Manoban said, “… There’s no need for that. You’d be back to celebrate your father’s birthday on the fifth, at least?”

Without waiting for Lisa to finish speaking Jennie grabbed his shirt corner and nodded as hard as she could, indicating that he should agree.

Lisa said, “Got it, I’ll go back.”

Mother Manoban said, “Alright, if Jennie doesn’t want to come, don’t force her.”

“She’s going too.”

Jennie couldn’t believe it. This was setting the time she’s formally going to meet the parents?

He had just hung up when Jennie leapt onto him. “What rubbish are you saying, I only just calmed your mom down!”

Afraid she’d fall, Lisa kept his hand under her butt. There was a heater turned on in their house so she was only wearing shorts that had really little material to speak of– it felt really good. “Who needed you to calm her?”

Jennie stopped talking. Supporting herself on his chest to get up, she pushed her hair aside and went to the fridge to retrieve some minced meat and tomatoes, getting started on her own spaghetti.

The second day, Jennie was wrapped up tightly and the two went out to buy things they needed for the New Years’ Eve feast.

Today, the supermarket was exceptionally empty. Even the employees were fewer in number.

Jennie wore only a black face mask as she browsed through the food section for almost half an hour. In the middle of that, she was recognised by an employee and was asked for a photo.

After taking the photo, she realised that the guy beside her had disappeared some time when she wasn’t paying attention. She browsed around for a little more and still didn’t see the other. She was about to call when she noticed that not far away, Lisa was coming over with a small basket.

She walked closer and in it was all… feminine care products.

“There’s only half a packet left in the bedside cabinet and these few days the shops around would be closed, what if something happens then?” Captain Manoban very calmly put all sorts of female products into their shopping cart.

Jennie saw the shopping attendant at the ‘daily necessities’ area smile knowingly and only felt embarrassed. “– Got it, got it, didn’t you help me get all of them anyways?”