𝟮𝟲. 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲

Writer's POV

As soon as Haru stops the car in a more secure and quiet location, Hari jumps out. She opens Haru's car door and grabs him by his collar. Wujin rushes over to his sister, trying to stop her from doing anything she'll regret later.

"You asshole it's your fault!"

"I thought she was dead"

"Bullshit!"

She wants to hit him but Daesu pulls her away. Haru gets out of the car and tries to hold his tears. He gets surrounded by everyone.

"Tell us everything"

Haru looks at the group with doubting eyes. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself from all the nerves. 

"I woke up" He starts. "The first thing I did was look for Hara, but I only found her name tag. It had blood on it. I really thought she was.."

"Thought wrong asshole what happened then?" Mijin says impatient.

"When I got out of the building I saw Cheongsan. He was sitting there. We talked"

"About what"

"Private stuff"

"A come on don't be so-"

"Mijin, shut up" Gyeongsu silences her. "Continue"

"Cheongsan left later on, to find you guys"

Hari clears her throat. "Why didn't you go with him?"

"I thought my sister was dead" Haru looks at the girl. "How would you feel if you thought Wujin was gone?"

Hari looks down to the ground and tries to stay calm. She bawls her fists, trying to erase the scene of her little brother being bit by one of those zombies. 

"What happened after Cheongsan left?" Onjo asks quietly.

"The commander came" Haru chuckles a bit. "He had my dad and said that he knew all about Hara. About what she was. If I gave him all the information he would let my dad go" He shakes his head. "If Hara didn't care about him I would've just let him die. I wouldn't have told the commander anything. But I knew she would never forgive me, even if she wasn't here anymore"

The group turns quiet. The atmosphere changes like it wasn't bad already. Hyoryung wipes her tears away while the others just look at the ground in silence. All of their distrust in Haru is gone. He's just like them. Scared and confused. 

"So where is your dad now?" Wujin asks. "I didn't see him before"

Haru shakes his head. "I don't know. The commander didn't keep his end of the deal"

"My lord.." Mijin gasps. "This is fucked up"

"Cheongsan, did you see anything before?" Suhyeok looks around him. "Cheongsan?"

Everyone turns to the car. Cheongsan is still sitting in the back seat. He's quiet. His head is looking down and he's playing with his thumbs, trying to not lose it completely.

"Dude" Gyeongsu walks over to him but his friend shows no simple emotion. 

"Cheongsan.."

The boy looks up when hearing his name. Gyeongsu looks at him with a worried expression. Seeing his friend like that is making it impossible for him to find the right words for the first time in his entire life.

"Who's hungry?!"

All eyes go to Eunji. 

"Not the right time.." Hari whispers.