Don't Cry For Me

Cedric knew this was the end. In the cold night, he stood in the graveyard with Harry. The two have always been close, seeking each other for comfort in nightmares and cheering up whenever they hang out at the library. But Cedric knew those will soon be the past. A figure approached and he got in a stance. He shouted and demanded who they were while Harry frantically begged for him to go back to the cup.

"Get back to the cup!"

"But I can't..."

"You can! Go! Leave me here!"

"I can't just leave you here, Harry!"

"Please, Cedric! Save yourself for me!"

Cedric was pulled into two options: run away or stay behind. He was a coward and he didn't deny it. He has always been afraid of death, afraid of everything. He would have been lying if he said that he was excited for the tournament. But Cedric was caring. He didn't want to leave Harry behind, let alone his crush. Harry was very stubborn and very kind. Harry didn't know that he liked him. No, Cedric never had courage to tell. He was a coward after all. Now, he could hear Harry shouting at him with frustration, worry, and a hint of sadness. Like he knew what was gonna happen next if he didn't run. He sort of did. Then three words ended the silence. Three words were uttered that ended Cedric. It all went out with a whisper and two shouts.

"Kill the spare."

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

"NO! CEDRIC!"

The flash of green light pelted towards Cedric. He wanted to run, but his legs were immobile. The spell hit him on the chest like a pillow, but it crashed into him like a bullet. His body flopped on the ground, with eyes wide-open and a straight expression. He layed to the chilly grass, spread-eagled. He was dead, but it felt like being asleep. He stood up and nearly smiled because he thought he was still alive. But Cedric was foolish to think that until he looked at his fallen body. His soul floated in a light tint of blue and white. Cedric couldn't believe it. He was dead.

He glanced at the horrified boy. It was too much. And then things went black. He was surrounded by unknown darkness. He didn't know what though. Maybe it was a phase in death? Suddenly, after what seemed like a thousand years, light reappeared. Cedric thought it was heaven, but he was at the graveyard. With Harry.

He was there, dueling what seemed to be the most petrifying thing Cedric has ever laid eyes on. A snakelike man stood in black robes, with green light emitting from his wand. Harry struggled to fight the connection, then two other ghosts appeared. Harry looked dazed. It was his mother and father. They whispered something to him and Cedric drew closer. Suddenly, Harry was gawking at him as if he could see the boy. Cedric thought for a second about his father. With that, he asked one final request.

"Harry, take my body back. Take my body back to my father."

Harry nodded before breaking the connection. Cedric threw his spirit on the genocide-insane maniac and watched Harry run to grab his corpse and summon the cup. With one flash, he disappeared. Cedric floated idly, staring with both pain and sadness at the spot where his body was. He was just seventeen, he should've lived longer because he was still so young. But Harry was younger. Cedric shook that thought from his head. He loved Harry more than anything, and it was worth it to see him live. Suddenly, he found himself in a familiar quidditch pitch. He looked around and saw people cheering, then he looked at Harry, who was crying over him. His eyes widened and his heart ached. Cedric hated seeing Harry upset. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Why are they cheering?

Fleur's deafening scream kicked Cedric out of his musing. Dumbledore rushed towards the boy and tried to pull him away, but Harry clung tighter. Cedric frowned. His death really hurt him. But it made Cedric feel uncomfortable too. He died, not him. He should be upset, not him. A tear trickled down his cheek and he hurriedly wiped it as he watched Moody carry Harry away. He still heard sobs from a distance.

All Cedric said after was, "Don't cry for me, Harry."

End.​