Chapter 9- I Know You, Micha

Fire blazed upon the building. The crimson flames engulf the building as tears poor down my face.  Cuts and scratches line my body , my face covered with ash from the smoke. My lunges still struggling the expand.

But I don't care. Bracing myself I sprint forward....No way in hell this is about to happen.

I'm almost to the door , only a couple feet away,  when my legs give out from under me and the building I once shared amazing memories with explodes leaving my dark eyes to water more as I watch the flames reach sky high.

Walkers lay still, most on fire.  Sitting  in defeat I cry for what seems like hours is only a few minutes. I start to hear moans and groans from walkers attached by the explosion.  Carter sits next to me, his dirty matted furry head lays in my lap.

Standing , I take my knives and to the jeep a few feet away. Getting into the car I put the keys in a speed off as my eyes water rivers of mixed emotions. 

*****3 Hours Later******

I've been driving for a long time now.  Every once in a while I'd stop to look for supplies and hunt.

Since everything that happened...I've done nothing but cry wishing I could take it back, wishing I could change what happen! Wishing.......I could have saved them......

But I couldn't.

Seeing a pond I stop. Taking a gun and three knives and a change of clothes I stripped.

The cold pond water chills me to the bone but the warm autumn air warms me a bit. The leaves have started to change color and fall off the trees , meaning winter in coming soon ...but it also means I'll be 20 years soon.

Yep it's been a while. My hair has grown longer and is almost to my shoulders. My 5'2 frame is still the same. Washing with some soap I had found I finish only to wash my hair.

Once done I notice Carter sits at the edge of the pond staring at the fish beneath the water.

Getting dressed I call Cater over and give him a bath. Pads out of the water he shakes out the water from his fur and we walk together back to the jeep.

Grabbing some beef jerky from the back I give two pieces to Carter as he happily chews the first. Grabbing a piece for myself I savoir the smoked flavor of the meat.

I was about to start my car when a deep scream rang out. Suddenly a boy came running out of the woods on the other side of the rode, a distance away from the pond followed by a pack of walkers!

He's been running for a while as hus steps Bégin to falter and his speed slows. Damn, I can't just leave him.  Grabbing my knives I quickly Jump out only to see thé boy trip and fall.

"Carter!" I yell, thé dog immediately stand at attention..."Retrieve".  Carter sprints forward ahead of me as I run quickly behind him.  Carter grabs the unconscious boy and holds him on his back and stats torwards the car.

All the while I fend off a couple walkers before heading towards the car.  Lifting up the heavy boy I Lau him down in the backseat, Carter jumps in the passenger seat next to me. Quickly turning on the engine I speed forward.

After I'm sure we are in a safe place I check on the boy. Getting into the back seat I grab a towel and some water I had gotten from the pond.

The boys dirty blonde hair is matted and full of knots, his eyes moving under his closed eyelids as if he is unable to open them. His green shirt tight on his upper body as he breathes in and out at a slow sleeping pase. His blue jeans wet and muddy and his black shoes now slick with the earth.

Grabbing the towel I gentally wipe his face of dirt and grime from before. His cheeks a rosy red, once I'm done. He has a strong jaw line and looks to have incredible strength.  Studying him I realize he looked really fimilar to me.

I think mumbling evey once in a while then a flash of me, Chris and the boy in front of me only we're all a couple years younger....struggling to remember his name, Chris seems to mouth the words to me......

His name is ......Micha

And this boy is Chris's younger brother!

*******!***********_************

Bam .....sorry real last update  but it's done. Hope you guys liked it!!

Btw his name is pronounced  Mike -a

Hope you have a good day! D'accord?!

Bye