ACT 1 - Thesis - Young Jedi

1 TITLE CRAWL

NARRATOR
(voice only)

Troubling times for the Republic!
Separatist forces have expanded into
the outer rim as more systems join
the fight.

The Chancellor has
directed Republic forces to counter
the Separatist expansion on dozens
of new fronts. With clone forces
spread thin the Jedi face
overwhelming odds, many Venator II
destroyers have been stripped down
to carry double the normal capacity
of equipment and ground forces.

Jedi Knight Tryco and his padawan Drake
lead the 307th and 209th clone
battalions in a ground assault of the
distant yet strategic world of Revyia.

PAN DOWN:

2 EXT. SPACE OVER PLANET SUNRISE

A Jedi Vector Starfighter and his squadron of twelve ARC-170 Starfighters fly cover for a large flight group. The attack shuttles, troop transports, landing craft, battle tanks, and clone walkers are flying toward the surface of the planet. Jedi Knight Tryco, aboard an NU-class Attack Shuttle, radios to his Padawan named Drake who leads the cover support team.

TRYCO
Fighter support. Stay alert.

DRAKE
Yes Master.

A Separatist Munificent-class star frigate comes out of hyperspace in front of the flight group heading for the planet surface.

TRYCO
Drop!

The ships of the flight group quickly drop beneath the large frigate and resume their flight to the surface as the main guns on the Separatist ship open fire.

DRAKE
Green squadron take out those guns.

COMMANDER RYSE
(over radio)
Yes, sir!

The squadron of ARC fighters begin to fire at the various weapons of the large frigate. The squadron suffers losses but destroy most of the short-ranged cannons on the frigate that allow the flight group to continue safely toward the surface.

DRAKE
You should be clear.

TRYCO
Roger. Watch your six.

Drake sees dozens of vulture droids launch from the frigate then expose their weapons as they enter flight configuration. The automated fighters head for the descending flight group.

TRYCO
Vultures.

DRAKE
All units, intercept!

Drake and the remnants of his squadron engage the vulture droids that are targeting the ground assault ships while the frigate opens fire on the Venator II. Drake makes several risky maneuvers and eliminates three vulture droids before the rest are destroyed.

DRAKE
All clear.

TRYCO
Good work. See you soon.

The Separatist Frigate turns around then quickly jumps to hyperspace before the clones can return for the kill.

CLONE
(over radio)
They got away.

DRAKE
We'll get them another day.

Drake and the remaining fighters in his squadron turn back toward the Venator II-class star destroyer named Excision. Several of the clone fighters have sustained damage.