ACT 2B - Antithesis - Secrets Revealed

50 EXT. SPACE

The serenity of space is broken as a Venator II-class ship drops out of hyperspace. Damage to the craft is extensive.

51 INT. EXCISION COMMAND BRIDGE

Commander Ryse stands on the bridge with several officers. Ryse has his arm in a sling.

COMMANDER RYSE
Where are we?

OFFICER
Uncharted region of wild space.

COMMANDER RYSE
Chart a reverse course.

OFFICER
Yes, sir. Once we get the nav system and
reactors back up after the hard shutdown.

COMMANDER RYSE
We need hyperdrive capability, now!

OFFICER
Yes, sir.

A clone trooper approaches Ryse.

CLONE
Sir, we have searched the entire ship.
The jedi is not aboard.

COMMANDER RYSE
Navigator!

NAVIGATOR
Sir.

COMMANDER RYSE
Give me a list of the star systems
along a reverse course within the
reach of an escape pod.

NAVIGATOR
Yes, sir.

Ryse stares out the forward windows as he contemplates the search for Drake.

52 EXT. STEEP RIDGE - LATE AFTERNOON

Drake and Xar look over the edge of a steep ridge and consider the safest way down.

EXUN KAR
No problem.

DRAKE
We must proceed with care.

Drake begins the descent with Xar close behind. After a few feet of climbing Xar sees K3 use his thrusters to fly down the ridge. Xar gets distracted by K3 and loses his footing. Xar slides down the steep slope and collides with Drake causing them both to slide down the ridge. Drake uses the force to prevent them from colliding with hazards. Thanks to his force powers they stop at the bottom of the ridge just before being impaled on stakes.

EXUN KAR
See. No problem.

Drake shows Xar the stakes they were spared from. Xar stares at the stakes and realizes how close they came to death.

EXUN KAR
Crack.

Drake smiles then stands and helps Xar to his feet then hears a nearby whistle from K3. Drake and Xar cautiously walk toward the source of the whistle to find K3 standing at the opening in the trees that looks like a footpath.

DRAKE
Watch your step.

Xar smiles and is about to say something naive then recalls his role in nearly getting them skewered.

EXUN KAR
Yes, master.

Drake is taken by surprise by the title. The trio travel along the narrow path as K3 beeps.

DRAKE
He detects structures ahead.

EXUN KAR
The Night village.

They travel along the path and navigate around an assortment of barriers that look like defensive positions.

53 EXT. WOODS NEAR NIGHT VILLAGE - LATE AFTERNOON