Reality Check

3rd POV
Beacon

We join Jaune the following day of his reunion.  The stares would be a lot for a lesser man, but Jaune had gotten used to it. 

He was walking around Beacon, looking at the school and seeing if it's been changed in any ways. So far it's been the same.

??: "Jaune!" The blonde turned to find his once bully turned friend, Cardin Winchester. "Saw you wandering and wanted to ask if you wanna get some grub?"

Jaune stretched and popped his back.

Jaune: "I'm down. I could definitely eat." He walked along side Cardin as they talked about their journeys.

Cardin told Jaune about his therapy and how he's been self evaluating.  Jaune felt proud to see such a change. While Jaune told him of his tales chasing high value targets through Vale, Vacuo, and even Atlas.

Cardin: "Wow, you've been all over, you meet any special people?" He started raising his eyebrows.

Jaune: "Haha, no, there were a few crazies that wanted me, but other than that we are safe for now haha. Besides, I have Ruby now, that's all I need." They made it to the cafeteria and waited in line.

Student 1: "Hey who's the guy with Winchester?"

Student 2: " I heard that's Arc, the guy who supposedly died."

Student 3: "Damn, he's caked up like a bakery."

The last one made Jaune snicker a bit.

Cafeteria lady: "Hi there.... Jaune? Well I'll be, I'm glad you're safe after these years. Want your usual? I still remember it."

Jaune: "Hey miss Spencer, and yes please! I missed your cooking too much to pass it up."

Miss Spencer nodded with a genuine smile and started preparing his food, she was an elderly lady with dark skin, she had a warm aura surrounding her, making her extremely approachable.

Miss Spencer: "Coming right up sweety, and you Cardin?"

Cardin: "I'll take my usual as well please."

She nodded and prepared the food.

The boys watched as their food was prepared for them. The familiarity of smells bringing back some pleasant memories from the blonde. 

Miss Spencer: "Here you go boys, Country Fried Steak and Buscuits for you Jaune, and Eggs Benedict for you Cardin. Eat on up now and come back later if your hungry."

Jaune smiled, he felt the genuine care in her voice as she talked, like a aunt figure.

Jaune: "Oh I definitely will be back don't worry." He gave a large smile as they walked to a seat. Shortly as they were eating Jaune felt a gust of wind hit him as he felt his arm move up. "Hehe, hey Rosebud." He looked down to see Ruby leaning into Jaune lovingly.

Ruby: "Hey Jaune. How'd you sleep?"

Jaune: "Well I didn't sleep much, since my implants I don't have to worry to much about sleeping or eating. When I do it's when I'm extremely hungry." He stretches a bit and hold Ruby closer. "How about you?"

Ruby: "Well, I had to figure out if yesterday was just a fever dream or not, so it was tripped, but other than that, great actually.  Are you coming with us to Combat class?"

Jaune: "I am, I already issued Pyrrha the challenge. Can't go backing out now." Jaune gets up and does some leg stretches, little does he know a red reaper is eyeing him like meat.

Ruby: "Whoa...." She starts to drool a little.

???: "Hey Ruby." They all turn to see a familiar feline faunus.