Chapter 11 (9 weeks later)

Blair carried two oversized beanbags in her hands as she walked through the living room of Wayne Manor, narrowly missing one of the many overly expensive antique lamps as music played on the speaker system Jules helped install a few years back

Blair carried two oversized beanbags in her hands as she walked through the living room of Wayne Manor, narrowly missing one of the many overly expensive antique lamps as music played on the speaker system Jules helped install a few years back. It was movie night for the team, something she had started with Dick when they had first started out. It was originally just for the two of them, but eventually turned into a team wide event. When Jules and Maddie joined the team, they received the invite as well. It was a way for them to unwind, to take a break from the chaos of their every day lives. She really needed one these past few weeks.

It had been almost three months since the Task Force X mission in Midway City, and Blair hadn't heard a word from Waller... or Rick. It had been a pretty rough few months for her, the aftermath of the battle, coming to terms with everything that had happened, everything she had to do— truth was, she still hadn't processed it all. It didn't help that there wasn't exactly anyone she could talk to about it either.

Oh, Dick tried, always the concerned slightly older brother, but every single time Midway City was brought up, Blair shut it down. Every single time. She prevented the end of the world with a bunch of criminals. It wasn't like anyone on the team knew exactly how that felt. Maybe they'd worked with criminals before as a means to an end, but she had saved the world with people that her home team believed were what was wrong with the world. They truly would have no idea what it felt like to have grown so close with every single member of that team then to lose one of them. They just wouldn't.

Then, there was the Rick of it all. She couldn't even bring herself to think about the Rick of it all.

"I'm pretty sure the chairs in the screening room are just fine." Maddie huffed, carrying an oversized beanbag of her own.

Blair crinkled her nose, "Are they though?"

"Yes, actually." Maddie said, dropping the chair on the ground. "I helped pick out those chairs because Bruce had no idea what he was doing. They're fine."

"You're here way too much, you know that?"

"Stop fighting crime at night and I won't have to be here all the time."

"No thanks." Blair shook her head. "I'm really good at it."

Maddie rolled her eyes, shaking her head in disbelief. The song changed, shifting from an old Fall Out Boy song to none other than Bohemian Rhapsody. Blair's face lit up in delight, a wide grin forming on her face.

"No—" Maddie shook her head. "No—"

"Come on!" Blair whined, grabbing her hands.