Olivia Rivera and Reine Bellrose

Screaming, blood, glass breaking, flashing lights and police cars, paramedics were asking her if she was okay. A nice man was asking her about family, she didn't have any left, no more Papai or Tia Ava or Avó Marie, they all were dead. Next the nice man asked her about her mom, that's when she realised that they were speaking portuguese, it felt nice for her, being able to speak her language. He frowned when she said that she had no Mamãe and no other family.

"Olivia, you should have a mother." English, again, she didn't like speaking English, Tia and Avó always spoke to her in portuguese.

"I mean, I guess I had a Mamãe but she gave me to Papai, she didn't want to raise me...Papai said that I look like her, and it's Liv, not Olivia, that's to grown up, Papai always said Olivia was meant to be my name later in life, but for now it's Liv, or Livi, or Via, how much longer is this going to last, I have a dance recital." With that she froze, looking up at the man who was staring at her. She turned red and looked down, tightening the hold she had on her stuffed owl. The man opened his mouth to speak but all Livi heard was an alarm.

She woke up, sixteen years later.

Olivia Rivera was now a 23 year old college student, not the small blonde kid who couldn't let go of her stuffed owl. Sighing she slipped out of her bed and opened the windows as she walked down the hallway to the kitchen. She yawned and turned on the radio as she made her coffee for that morning. The pretty blonde stretched and twisted her body as she danced around her kitchen to make her breakfast.

She made herself a baguette with papaya jelly and cooked a thin breakfast steak while sipping dark coffee from her owl mug. As she ate she stretched and fiddled around with her surroundings.

The young lady soon finished her breakfast and danced back through the apartment to her bedroom, letting the sounds of Rio De Janeiro narrate her morning as they always did. She quickly changed from her black night shorts and tank top and into her prefered daywear, black ripped jeans with a black lace tank top and a red leather jacket. She grabbed her bookbag and made sure that all of her needed objects were in it for her classes and for her shift at work. Slipping on her heels and clipping the red leash onto her retriever's black collar the young latina slipped out of her apartment and down the stairs of the building and out into the city, slipping earbuds into her ears and blasting music.

As she made her way through the busy streets, she pulled out her phone and plugged in her ear buds to play music as she dodged getting hit by other people. Her dog growled at the men that stepped near her, causing them to backaway.

Out of the corner of her eyes she saw a familiar face, somebody she thought she knew. She turned to look but by the time she found the spot it was too late and that person was gone. She hated that, since a young age people were always watching her, making sure she didn't steal, or lie, or just do something she shouldn't have done. She thought that going back to Brazil was going to fix that but even here she still was being watched. She cursed and kept walking to the cafe that she worked at.

Soon enough she arrived at the cafe and let her dog into one of the above apartments, making her way to the back she tied on her apron, taking off her jacket. She pulled her curly blonde hair into a ponytail and grabbed trays that needed to be served to customers.

Again she saw somebody she thought she knew while serving the morning coffee to a group of people that looked to be ready for a trip to the beach or just a walk around the city. She was annoyed with the group, trying to ignore their questions about when and where Carnival would be. Her smile brightened when one of her college friends walked in, a transfer from France.

The pretty redhead shot her a smile and went to sit somewhere where she knew that Liv would be able to serve her. Quickly finishing with the coffees for the tourist, Liv walked over to her friend and sat in front of her, "No morning classes, Reine?" she asked, her soft portuguese accent startling in english.