Chapter Fourteen

Alex

"Well..." I said. I don't even remember how we got to the bed but we must of done as that's where we were laying now. Our breathing was still heavy.
"You don't mess about do you" he breathed out
"You're meant to be a high performance athlete"
"Why was that not good enough for you" he laughed
"No no, that part was fine, it's that you're all sweaty and breathless and well... hot"
"I know I'm hot, you don't need to confirm that" he said with so much sass and cockiness in his tone, " I have also just been for a run with Michael and now this little session, I'm not surprised I'm sweating and 'hot'" he said doing air quotations with his hands.

I don't know where I got the courage to kiss him like that and do any of that but I did. And I wasn't sorry about it either, I reached up to kiss him again before laying back down and tracing shapes on his bare toned tummy.

I pulled on one of Daniels hoodies that was laying on the chair and got up to make a drink. What a wild series of events. Lando was right and I felt clearer headed for telling him, I felt secure with my job and I just had a great time, and now I was making a cup of tea.

"What you doing?" His Australian accent grumbled from his bed. I turned and was propped up on his elbow, head on his hand, the sheets of the bed just about covering his lower half, I bit my lip at the sight. I turned back round quickly as the kettle flicked off.
"A cup of tea, want one?" I asked. Suddenly he was pressed up against me and I was very aware he had no clothes on and apart from his hoodie which was just about covering my body, I also had nothing on.
"You're making yourself right at home" he whispered into my ear
"I can leave if you want?" It came out more like a squeak, what does the man do to me honestly.
"Not at all, I'm just enjoying the view" his chin was on my head and his arms round my waist.
"Well you should probably put some clothes on" I said nudging him out the way to get to the fridge.
"Why? They'll only come off again soon" he said walking towards his bed and flopping back down onto it. "Plus, I'm in bed now, this is how I sleep" I picked up my cup of tea and joined him on his bed.
"You didn't sleep naked when you were in my house?" I quizzed
"Out of respect, in reality all I wanted to do was rip the clothes off" I looked to my right where he was laying and chuckled as he winked at me.
"Anyway, moving on. I came here to talk, obviously that didn't go to plan"
"Hey, you started it" he held his hands up defensively. Which I nodded and giggled in agreement as I remembered the events that just unfolded.

I shoved his hands down and explained to him that I had told Lando as I didn't like keeping it from him, and how I did really like him but didn't want to put pressure on things. I also wanted to keep professional while we were working to keep his head in the game and obviously keep my job. We set boundaries for that and made sure we would be strictly friends while at races and work and things at least for now. What I didn't expect was for him to tell me he really liked me back and he was glad I said how I feel. He told me that he had spoken to Michael about it so that makes four people that know about us fully. Overall it was a good conversation and I felt much lighter about it.

The next morning I woke up in my own bed, I got up and showered and ready for the workday to begin. We had to be at HQ for 9am. I was feeling refreshed and happy. I made myself a drink and sat cross legged on my bed watching the morning news when there was a knock on the door. I put my cup down and went to answer it, Daniel come barging through and shut the door.
"Erm hello?" I said. He smelt amazing and looked amazing. He was in black jeans, vans and his orange McLaren hoodie, his dark hair freshly washed.
"I just wanted to come and say good morning and give you this" he grabbed my face in his hands and planted his lips on mine, I literally nearly fell over. He pulled away and looked straight into my eyes, "before we have to be good and focused at work" I smiled and kissed him again.

"Don't think you're getting away with things either now by the way, your commitments remain the same" I scolded
"Ooh I like it when you're all bossy" I laughed at him, "it'll be worse if you don't do as your told" I said teasing him.
"Oh yeah, and what are the consequences?" He quizzed stepping towards me which made me step back as his tall frame loomed over me. He would be intimidating if it weren't for his handsome charm and humour
"Put a foot wrong and find out" I pushed, trying to make myself sound more confident and still wind him up. He put one hand on the wall next to my head making me feel more trapped
"I might just have to do that" he whispered, the whole time his eyes never left mine, and his finger stroked along my jaw line and down my neck, moving the collar of my hoodie, "you look beautiful, if it isn't obvious" he murmured before stepping back, cooling the situation off
"I'm literally wearing my uniform? Which is the same as yours by the way"
"Couples who match together, stay together" I pretended to be sick and he started laughing. He was always laughing. He kissed my forehead before leaving the room, I chuckled. He was constantly on the go, he never stopped.

"Right come on kids" I ushered the boys into the car that had come to pick us up.
"Kids, pur-lease" Daniel said shaking his head, "little Lando is the only kid"
"And you both need to do as your told, so get in and ssshhh" I put my finger to his lips and he pretended to bite it off, he winked at me and I remembered our conversation earlier and doing as he's told and it brought a blush to my cheeks.

The whole car journey to McLaren was just banter between the three of us it felt like everything and had balanced and settled down. We were laughing and joking the whole time. We pulled up to work and Zak was there to meet us at the door, Daniel shot me a wink as we got out the car and went into the building.