IKA-LABING SIYAM NA SIKRETULA

•  Enjambment

Enjambment is the continuation of a sentence or clause across a line break.

Some additional key details about enjambment:

•The opposite of an enjambed line of poetry is an end-stopped line: a sentence or clause whose end does fall at the end of a line of poetry.

•Enjambment has the effect of encouraging the reader to continue reading from one line to the next, since most of the time a line of poetry that's enjambed won't make complete sense until the reader finishes the clause or sentence on the following line or lines.

•Poets often use enjambment to introduce ambiguity or contradiction into an otherwise straightforward sentence: the incomplete clause might suggest something that the following line(s) reject. This is often true in poetry written since the end of the 18th century.

How to Tell If a Line is Enjambed?
—Sometimes, whether or not lines of poetry are enjambed or end-stopped will be obvious because the punctuation (or lack of punctuation) will make it obvious. But punctuation is not always a good guide to enjambment: it's better to judge whether a line is enjambed by its syntax.

For instance, take these lines from Romeo and Juliet, where the second and fifth line are end-stopped, and lines one, three, and four are third are enjambed:

When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.

Here the second and fifth lines are clearly end-stopped, as they conclude phrases or sentences. (Although the sentence continues after line 2, line 2 ends on a concluding note for that phrase and line 3 begins a new part of the sentence). Meanwhile, the first, third, and fifth lines are enjambed, as the flow of the sentence continues across the line breaks.

• Capitalization and punctuation

Poetry punctuation rules do not include putting commas at the end of the title. Capitalization in poetry is the same as in prose or other types of writing. You should use capital letters for the first word in every new line. Plus, use capitalized words in titles except for conjunctions, prepositions, and articles.The only exception is when the preposition is the first or the last word. There is, however, a tradition to capitalize prepositions that are more than five letters long. You can convert case correctly with our automatic title capitalization tool.

• Consistency

A harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts. A logical coherence and accordance with the facts. "a rambling argument that lacked any consistency"

Be so consistent that your writing consists in composing the same words, in the same order, creating the some overall voice and style, consistently, over and over, an eternal return of the same. Maintain this disciplined drudgery over the course of years. Let years become decades, and decades, an entire life: You will have “found your voice.” Variety is the spice of life, but consistency is its signature.

— admin t!n シ︎

References:
https://www.litcharts.com/literary-devices-and-terms/enjambment
https://edubirdie.com/blog/punctuation-in-poetry#:~:text=Poetry%20punctuation%20rules%20do%20not,conjunctions%2C%20prepositions%2C%20and%20articles.
https://hellopoetry.com/words/consistency/

A/N (Admin's Note):

Hi, good morning, good afternoon, good evening and good day! Hopefully, nasa mabuting kalagayan kayo ngayon. I would like to just note here na if you like to visit those links na nasa references ng bawat chapters nitong tip book ay pwedeng-pwede naman. Gusto kong ma-broaden ang kaalaman niyo tungkol sa poetry and mas marami rin kayong mababasang articles if you want to deepen your research about poetry. So, ayon lang guys! Happy reading and learning! </3