ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚 (ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍)

August 15th, 20388:42 pmConnor's POV

August 15th, 2038
8:42 pm
Connor's POV

I moved the curtain to the find and took the first step out on the balcony. I saw the deviant standing on the edge of the balcony holding the hostage in its arms. I took a step forward and it held its gun up and shot me. I looked at my shoulder and then back to the deviant.

"Stay back!" it yelled. "Don't come any closer or I'll jump!" It shouted.

"No! No, please! I'm begging you!" The hostage cried out. Then the deviant pointed the gun at her. I looked over to my right and on the roof of the next building were two S.W.A.T people with snipers. I looked back at the deviant.

"Hi Daniel," I called out.

"How.." it cried.

"My name is Connor!" I shouted.

"How do you know my name?" It asked.

"I know a lot of things about you," I yelled. "I've come to get you out of this," I said as a helicopter flew over us. The air from it made some of the furniture start to fly around. I scanned the deviant and it was very stressed and unstable. The probability of success went down to 62 percent. I have to approach slowly and say all the right things.

I started to slowly walk forward and held my hands up. I should try a calm approach so I don't stress it out too much.

"I know you're angry, Daniel," I said. "But you need to trust me and let me help you,"

"I don't want your help! Nobody can help me!" It cried out. My words seemed to calm it. "All I want is for this to stop! I... I just want all this to stop..." It cried out again. I looked over to my left and saw a policeman lying on the ground.

I walked over to him and knelt and examined him. He's still alive. He has a gunshot wound on his left arm.

"He's losing blood," I called out. "If we don't get him to a hospital, he's going to die," I said.

"All humans die eventually, what does it matter if this one dies now?" It asked while holding the gun to the hostage once again.

"I'm going to apply a tourniquet," I said, then I grabbed the cop and rolled him over. Now he's on his back. Then the deviant shot at me.

"Don't touch him! Touch him and I'll kill you!" It threatened. I looked at it and it was angrily pointing the gun at me. This deviant can't tell me what to do. I take orders from Miss Kamski.

"You can't kill me. I'm not alive," I shouted back and pulled my tie off. I looked back at the man and wrapped the tie around his arm, tying it tightly.

I got back up and looked at the deviant and my actions seemed to stress it out more. The probability of success went down once again. I walked forward again with my hands up and it pointed the gun at me.

"Are you armed?" It asked. Should I tell the truth? No. I won't. This gun is a backup plan.

"No, I don't have a gun," I lied.

"You're lying!" It yelled. "I know you have a gun!" It yelled.

"I'm telling you the truth Daniel, I came here unarmed," I said. Technically I didn't lie to it, I did come unarmed.

I started to walk up again. I'll talk about It and Emma. I think that will calm it down.

"I know you and Emma were very close. You think she betrayed you but she's done nothing wrong," I expressed.

"She lied to me! I thought she loved me but I was wrong," it spat and pushed the gun into her face. "She's just like all the other humans," It shouted.

"Daniel, no," the girl begged.

I need to get it to trust me. So I have to use a kind approach. But I should also bring up what happened to make it deviate.

"They were going to replace you and you became upset," I said. "That's what happened right?" I questioned.

"I thought I was part of the family, I thought that I mattered," It said. "But I was just their toy, something to throw away when you're done with!" It yelled.

I stopped walking for a moment. I need to act friendly so it likes me. I'm going to act sympathetic so the success rate goes up.

"Listen, I know it's not your fault," I said. "These emotions you're feeling are just errors in your software," I said.

"No, it's not my fault.." It cried. "I never wanted this, I loved them, you know," I scanned over it and it started to stabilize. "But I was nothing to them, just a slave to be ordered around," It pointed the gun at the hostage's face.

"Ugh, I can't stand that noise anymore! Tell that helicopter to get out of here!" It demands. I looked up and waved my arm up, signaling for it to leave. We both watched as the helicopter quickly flew away.

"I did what you wanted," I said, scanning over him again. 95 percent success rate. It's so close to 100. I'm going to try and make it trust me.

"You have to trust me, Daniel. Let the hostage go and I promise you everything will be fine," I lied.

"I want everyone to leave! And I want a car!" It demands once again. "When I'm outside the city, I'll let her go," he stated. I should try and reason with it.

"That's impossible Daniel, let the girl go and I promise you won't be hurt," I said, scanning it over. The probability rate went up to 99 percent.

"I don't wanna die," he begged.

Should I use the gun? I looked at the deviant and went over my options. The S.W.A.T could shoot him or I could. I could also sacrifice myself but that isn't necessary. What if the snipers miss? I have a clear shot here. I will shoot it.

I pulled the gun out and quickly shot it. It fell and let go of the hostage at the same time. I lowered the gun and watched as it fell then looked over at the hostage. The hostage is safe and the deviant is dealt with.

Mission was a success.