Yellow Blur

"Sun? You got a minute?"

"Of course of course Mr. R! The little ones have all been sent home safely, what can I help you with!?"

"This may come as a shock, but we just hired a newbie for the daycare-"

"H-Hired a newbie!??! Oh no no no, Mr. R this is bad! New hires are NOT equipped to take care of the little ones!!!!" he started pacing the floor and set his hands towards his face.

"Listen Sun, the higher ups have read the reviews. You and Moon do good work, parents just want a human working in the daycare, that's all." Mr. Rogers spoke, trying to pry the animatronic's hands off his face before he dented something again.

"B-but Moony and I are enough! We cater to all little ones! We don't need a newbie to help us! We've always been efficient just by ourselves!"

"Sun, listen to what I'm saying" he sighed, too tired for this. This is exactly why he chose to tell them after meeting the hire and not before. "The higher ups put an ad on our site for a daycare attendant and it's stayed there for years, we finally got a real applicant, one who we're sure won't fuck-"

"LANGUAGE"

"frick up. I personally looked into it. The kid is fresh outta school, but the recommendation letter, their schooling, previous experiences, and reputation around campus all point to the kid being able to work this out"

"But how do we know if this hire will do a good job? And what about the kids! A sudden change in staff, or any drastic changes to their safe environment could put them on edge! Even Moony agrees with me!"

"That wasn't a factor in choosing an applicant, I know I sound like the worst, but you have to hear me out. There's another reason for a new hire"

"There is?? Tell me tell me, please please please!"

"The higher ups said that if you manage to work well with the new hire, and they give you a good report, there's a possibility of bringing a new bot to your work team"

"A new friend!?"

"Yes, a new friend. They even said they'd consider your request for an independent form for Moon"

"M-moon....could have a body again..?" he said quieter this time.

"Yes, it's still a work in progress, but if you let this human girl work with you, and all things go well for the next few months. I've managed to set an endo aside for Moon"

"That's...... WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS!" he pauses himself mid bounce, "There's more isn't there?"

"You guessed it. The human part of your team must always be filled. This isn't a one time hire and ditch the poor girl to the curb. She'd be a permanent hire, unless she's fired, for a good reason. Even then, my boss wants there to always be a human in the daycare."

"But we DO have a human stationed in the daycare! Vanessa patrols at night and Terry works the dayshift!"

"You know what I mean, Sun. A human working with the kids, not some guard that passes by every few hours or a guy that sleeps at his computer. Parents apparently get antsy when it's just a bot alone with their kids"

"...but we're not scary, are we? We're not scary scary scary...?"

"Sun, stop panicking, the new hire is only there to give parents a peace of mind, your worry about being scary is not reflected with all the children, and you know that, they love you, both of you"

"But can't be scary scary for adults!"

"All cosmetic upgrades have been processed, the custom faceplates and requested addons will arrive once the Glamrocks are done"