Instinct Moment

Maybe I could set up a little quiet corner during naptime?

Mr. Moon is diligent and walks around a lot, but some of the other kids need longer contact in order to stay asleep. It's not like Mr. Moon can cuddle every child at the same time, while also keeping track and making sure everyone is accounted for.

The shifting noise of metal catches my attention again and I find Sun in Mr. Moon's place.

"OHHH Friend! You're still here!"

Huh?

"Uh yes? Why would I leave, it's my job to be here?????"

"Oh silly silly newbie! Naptime is when most hires leave for a break!"

"I'm sorry? I wanted to meet Mr. Moon, I totally forgot about getting something to eat!"

"Nonononono New Friend you shouldn't skip meals!! You need at least four breaks a day! When was your last break!?"

"After the ninth game of tag I grabbed a granola bar? Does that count?"

"NO! It does not! You didn't even eat when it was snack time!"

"Sorry?"

"No, do not 'sorry' me! Go eat Now!" he chastises lightly, wagging his finger in front of my face and then pointing towards the employees only exit/entrance.

"Uh okay! I'll be back soon then?"

"Yes yes yes yes! We'll have more games to play!"

He waves me off and I head over to find something to eat. There's some sort of maintenance tunnel if I go further, but I have a feeling that it would be creepy. I'm just glad Sun let me have a break. I haven't had a moment to myself and I'm not used to whatever routine they have going on. The contract says I can take a break inside, but to actually leave? Sun or Mr. Moon has to give me explicit permission. They are practically my bosses anyways. I settle for the mini break room near the door and settle into a little beanbag chair.

I didn't really bring food with me since I'm kinda on a budget after buying those art supplies, but I managed to gulp down an entire bottle of complimentary FazBear water (it had a slight orangey taste) and another granola bar.

Guess I'll have to find the food distribution area later. I don't want to spend too much time here, I mean I know Sun has had this handled for years, but I don't want to abandon the poor guy, he seemed surprised enough that I stayed!

I kinda want to take a nap, but if I do I'll be taking a few hours. And I do NOT want to be like Terry who only leaves his desk to use the bathroom, then heads right back into a nap!

Forgoing the tempting nap, I take a quick restroom break myself and head back out into the play area. Where I find Sun sitting in the center of a circle playing a game with the majority of the kids. It doesn't take too long for his bright eyes to spot me.

"Oh FRIEND you're back early!"

"I am?"

"Yes! Most hires take waaaaay longer! You can take longer if you want!?"

"Uh..." I'd like to take a nap, "I'll be fine, what game are we playing?" I ask as I head towards the kids.

"We're finishing our last game of guppies!"

While the children cheer on for their last round of this guppy game? Sun pulls me aside and speaks in a more quiet tone than I'm used to, "could you please play with the children in the drawing corner? They don't like the loud noises the other little ones do"

Oh, the quieter kids! I can do that!

Not surprisingly I find Abby in the drawing corner.

Abby on the other hand looks surprised when I take a seat next to her.