How to Begin/Exposition

Since becoming an orphanage director is more difficult than I imagined, my next best option is to open a daycare. One of which I have no funds for, no prior experience, and way too much paperwork involved to even begin to set up. Since all other options are out of the question, guess I'll stick to whatever the Pizza Plex has in store for me.

- Rose Linh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's more of a newly found dream to want to take part in a career that involves childcare. Don't know if it's practical seeing how my career choice is way off the mark for anything of the sort, but a gal can dream. Whether it be because of past experiences or experiencing [self] neglect firsthand, I was fed up with the lack of empathy for the youth. 

The youth, who do no wrong, are often the ones at the end of unwarranted violence. 

As the world nearly falls apart there has to be someone to care for those who have no one else to turn to. Kids on the street, or abuse in foster homes and orphanages, make me sick. The best way to combat the evil in the world is to become the good no one else seems to want to be. 

I figured if reading stories about traumatized characters, seeing people on the street, or just having the heart to care for someone else, is enough to want to write a happy ending for characters or to at least notice injustice in the real world. I might as well write something to contribute to the fact that there are kind people out there, people without evil motives who genuinely just want to make sure no one else has to suffer the same way they did. 

Why Security Breach? 

I have no idea, whether it be from an unhealed inner child or the fact that I cry whenever I see a child has died for no reason on the news, I just wanted to write something about healing. 

Healing those around you, and yourself. 

Sun and Moon are pretty much my favorite characters and felt they needed a more elaborate backstory. The events of security breach are gonna happen a little later, but I've got to build up to it first, establish some characters and relationships before diving into that dumpster fire. 

TW: As I've said before there will be mentions of child abuse. It's not all sunshine and rainbows in the daycare after all. I'm no professional when it comes to anything that has to do with how to run an actual daycare, so there's more likely a ton of inaccuracies. Children are unpredictable and adaptive to their environments, they usually have no filter and share things to whomever will listen, that's the extent to my knowledge.

I've read tons of daycare centric stories with very little daycare scenes. It's mostly all for the love story, which is not bad! I just wanted to write a story where the being an actual caretaker takes the center stage, it's centered around healing or at least spotting out when something isn't working. A desire to help someone else sometimes leads to self neglect, which is a pretty heavy subject on it's own. If I can manage to write this story right, it will have heavy themes, and stuff that may not be comfortable to read. There will be a happy ending. I. Will. Make. Sure of it. There's angst in here, I think, lots of fluff and emotions are a thing. 

If there's something widely inaccurate let me know, I'm happy to make things right. 

I talk a big talk, but I'm also dyslexic and have trouble actually writing something that doesn't sound too passive or worded weirdly. Read or don't, I wrote this mostly for myself and figured I'd share it for the heck of it. Idk if the work is even good, just thought I'd try anyways : ) 

-author-chan