School Life

Guy: “Ariel, why don't you just use your skill points to acquire [Spatial Magic] to get us faster to the Demon Realm?”

Currently we're in a wasteland, normally people don’t cross through this wasteland, so it’s a perfect place for us to travel.

It’s easy to see why nobody else is here when you look up at the sky.

Countless black shadows fly about in the air.

Birds? You wish.

Some of them look a bit like birds, but most resemble reptiles.

A bunch actually look like feathered dinosaurs, so somewhere between birds and reptiles, I guess.

The creatures flying through the air are wyrms or maybe even dragons.

They’re the rulers of this wasteland.

Yeah. With that many wyrms and dragons loitering in these parts, it’s no wonder humans don’t set foot in this place.

A single dragon or higher-ranked wyrm could destroy an entire army of humans.

The only people who would be reckless enough to walk into this nightmare territory must either be suicidal or hoping to go down in history as legends.

But we’re neither of those things.

I'm already a Legend so there's no need to worry about my fame. It's more to the fact that one of my travel companion is the Demon Lord and we're in Human Territory...

It wouldn't have taken us a few months to get this far but... apparently a fortress in the Kingdom of Ohts got destroyed and it is said that a Crimson haired Demon is the one responsible...

I know what you're thinking, and I completely agree with you. It's unfair for the other Crimson haired Demons who aren't involved in the incident be blamed and became a suspect...

It’s not like I used a high level Magic spell on them—I mean... Uh... It's so sad that my fellow Crimson haired Demons get accused of something they're aren't a part of much like I am...

Ariel: “I don't want to waste my Skill Points.” Ariel finally responded.

Guy: “Velzard, Aren't you tired of just walking around?”

Velzard: “Nope. I could fly, meaning if I were to get tired of walking I can just levitate around.”

It has been like this ever since the three of us starts traveling, The two of them always take advantage of me...

Vengeance will be mine!

Prepare for the unbridled wrath of the Primordial Demon know as Guy f*cking Crimson! 

***

There’s something called an academy in this country.

In our old world, the expectation is that everyone goes to school, but in this world, getting a formal education is fairly unusual.

The only people able to afford it are aristocrats and other members of the privileged class, particularly wealthy commoners or people otherwise blessed with a great deal of natural talent.

Because I’m a member of the royal family, I can attend school without a problem.

Sue is in the same boat, of course, as well as Katia, who clears the conditions by being the daughter of a duke.

And so the three of us were sent off to academy together.

Just like school in our old world, there are general studies taught here.