Chapter 22

chapter status- NEW.
-------------------------------------------
Abby POV

"Mum, why can't we just goo?" Perrie whines. "Because your sister needs us to be here." she says. "She's just fine!" Perrie retorts.

I've been pretending to be asleep since that Delilah girl or whatever her name is came in last night.

"Abby? Wake up, honey." my mum says quietly. I open my eyes and sit up, pretending to be sleepy. "Yeah, Mum?" She sighs. "Perrie wants to go get lunch at someplace other than a hospital. Do you mind if we go for a little bit?" I shake my head. "Nope. Have fun." I say forcing a smile. She smiles back, and they head out the door.

I pick up my phone and check my messages. "Two new messages, huh." I say to myself before checking them.

The first one's from Eddie.

From: Eddie
Hey Abby. Hope you're feeling happy(: I talked to Louis last night and he said some girl came to see you guys yesterday? who?? it wasn't Tanya, was it?

I check the next one before answering him.

From: unknown number
if you were smart, you'd watch your back.

What the fuck does that mean? I dial Louis's number and hope he picks up.

"Hello?" he picks up on the third ring. Typical.

"Hi, Louis." "What's wrong, Abby? You sound upset." "Nothing's wrong. Eddie said you called him." "Oh, yeah. I just wanted some I formation about something. It's not a big deal." "Information about what?" "It's a surprise, love." "Oh. Okay." "Yeah. How is it down the hall?" he asks.

"It's weird. That girl came in here last night." I can hear him cracking his knuckles. "She did, did she?" "Yes. She didn't do anything though." "Abby, I promise that whatever she tells you is a lie. She just wants to ruin my life." "I know that, but why?" I ask him. I hear him sigh. "Tell me the truth, Louis."

"Robin sent her." "Uhm, Robin as in Batman's sidekick?" "No. The same guy who got me put in here last time." "The drug guy?" "Yes." "Oh." "It's gonna be fine. I'll make sure he doesn't do anything. Same with Delia." I frown. "How can you be sure of anything?" "I don't know, I just am. Okay? I have to go. The doctor's here. I love you." "Why is the doctor there?" I ask him. "I don't know." he says. "Okay. Bye." "Bye."

I hang up feeling weirded out. That was a really strange phone call. I sit back and start to wonder about that text..

Louis POV

"Hello, Mr. Tomlinson." "Hello, Dr. Reid." "How are you feeling today?" "Sore, tired, achey." "I would like to talk to you about a new treatment option."

"Er, okay?" "We have had scientists in labs trying to develop a cure to Acute Myeloid Leukemia for years now, and we finally have one we think will do the job." "You think?" "We haven't tested it on humans before." I look around the room, avoiding his glance. "Would you like to be the first?" he asks. "What if it doesn't work?" He smiles at me. "Then we'll keep trying." "Give me a serious answer." "Well, there's a possibility of death." "But if it does work?" "You'll never have to worry about this cancer again." "I'll do it." He smiles. "Are you sure?" "Positive. I will do anything it takes to stay with Abby. And my family." I clench my hands into fists. "I won't let them down." I say.

After a half an hour of filling out paperwork saying I agreed to do this, he takes a bottle out of his bag, and holds it up. "The treatment is a pill that you take twice a day." "That's it?" "Yes. You take it with a full glass of water." He hands me one, with a glass of water. I put it in my mouth and gulp down the water.

"Now what?" "You wait twelve hours and take it again." I lay down on my bed.

"See you then, Mr. Tomlinson." Dr. Reid says, leaving the room. I smile at him and pick up my phone to inform my family and Abby of what just happened.

so, I changed it. sorry this version is short, but I didn't like the other one. love you guys xx