Never Mix Trauma With Politics

"You know this will never be allowed, yes?" Raven asked. I noted that her hands are on her hips. 

I grunted to show that I acknowledge the information and continued working on the furniture's cushions. Now, I acknowledge that I am no Hashirama, but I take pride in the craftsmanship that is this building.

I heard Raven scoff before she turned on her heels and left like the sass queen she has proven to be. 

She has a good heart; otherwise, she wouldn't have been protecting these orphans for as long as she has. She just, how do I put it? She has trouble with communication, which is to be fair. 

These are the warring states era after all. We are taught to keep our mouths shut and to trust no one. Even those we do trust, we have difficulty being open with them. Everyone has secrets.

Myself especially.

I pause in my thoughts as the needle I was using to sow the pillow pricked my finger drawing blood.

I stare at the color with a faraway look in my eyes.

Red. Blood. Fire. Smoke. Terror. Screams. Blood. Red eyes. Sharingan. So many sharingan. Red eyes. Tobirama.

...

Tobirama.

...

"-Hi!" the sound of my name echoes in the background like a chant.

White. The pillow is white. White like semen. White like the ashes from that night. That night when it snowed.

...

The snow was cold... Like his hands. His touch. But gentle, yet refreshing.

...

SMACK! 

I instinctively grabbed the wrist of the person that dared slap me with tightly shut eyes.

"OI! LET GO!" the woman's voice said... Wait, I know that voice.

"R-ra-aven?" I whispered dropping the wrist as if it burned me. 

Raven held her wrist in pain as she looked towards me concerned. I only stared down at the solid floor remembering that Raven had used wood to decorate them.

She sighed mumbling, "Now I know why you have that medicine," before walking away. 

She disappeared down the hallway while I sat there, mouth agape still panting from my episode. 

Saliva dripped from the corner of my mouth while I focused on my breathing. I picked my head up and brought my hands above my head desperately trying to slow my erratic heartbeat and irregular breathing.

Sometime during this, Raven handed me a glass of water and my medicine that I normally take dry. Tears fell from my eyes as I let kept counting down from ten and then back up to ten only to repeat the steps with every breath.

It took me a total of three minutes and forty seconds to finally calm down enough that I could finally put my arms down.

As I sat there, elbows on my knees, eyes closed shut, and drool still dripping from my chin, Raven sat there a bit away from me just being there.

The ringing in my ears began to create voices in my head telling me not to trust her. That she could be an enemy, and I quickly shut my eyes again grabbing my ears.

I rock back and forth applying pressure on the sides of my head until I feel Raven try to pull them away. I snap my eyes open and push her pretty hard causing her to fall on the table breaking it. 

Panicking that I hurt her, I rush to her before kneeling down. Checking to make sure she is still breathing, I sigh in relief to see she is only knocked out.

"Zetsu."

On command, he appears looking down at Raven and then glancing at me. "Can I eat her?" he asked.

I shook my head no before saying, "Bring her to Suigero. Tell her to have Aurora heal her before bringing her back here."

Zetsu nods his head and goes up fully grabbing Raven. As he does that, I stand up and walk out of the orphanage. Walking away, I head to the manor where I know the Mayor resides and began in said direction.

After all, I still needed to negotiate the terms of the orphanage and how it was going to be treated.

I need to make sure this location will continue to be safe once I leave. 

I am still shaking from my earlier episode, so I take a little detour into the village's archives first. Deciding that doing research on the clans in the area would be a beneficial way to pass the time and thus compose myself.

Never mix mental trauma with politics.

No, really. It never works. 

I need a calm mind and a sound plan for this to work. I need a strategy. So, for now, let's see what we can uncover not only about the land of the mist but what we can learn about the mayor himself. 

This way, I can guarantee an alliance between myself and this village. I doubt even Zetsu will understand the real plan behind these alliances I plan to make from here to the lad of fire. 

Solidifying an alliance in these set villages will protect me from both Zetsu's influence, and when the time comes, the Hidden Leaf's forces. A double edge blade honestly. With that in mind, I must do this in a way that benefits each village. 

Having Raven as an ambassador of sorts will go a long way in regards to the system. I most likely will have Suigero and Aurora start that medical clinic business trade that could also secretly give out poisons from the area. Well, I should say sell the poisons.

And then there is the matter of the Uchiha. Where did I leave him again? 

Pausing for a moment, I smirked lightly closing my eyes. 'Oh, he is good.'

Releasing myself from the genjutsu, a series of memories I had temporarily forgotten came rushing forward.

"Very well," I said softly, "we will play it your way, Black Lily."

Back in the Land of Fire, Madara sits next to his brother and Hozuko Uchiha. Hozuko being a bit older than Madara, but since having been leading the front lines for some time and helping with strategies whenever possible, he was someone Madara trusted.

Across from them, Hashirama sits shocked and confused next to his brother, Tobirama Senju who looks calm and calculated on the outside, but inside he was confused as to why a certain individual was not present. He would never voice his thoughts; however, since he would surely ruin everything. Not to mention, the conversation is not going like they believed it would at all.

On Hashirama's other side, their female cousin who fought alongside Tobirama during the valley ambush sits with her fists clenched tightly. Anger was clear on her seemingly delicate features. Truly, a woman worthy of the title Kunoichi.

Indeed, the situation was shocking in an alarming way. Hashirama, still in shock of Madara's words, speaks up hesitantly, "What did you say?"

Madara, opens his eyes to show the usual coal colored irises sighing. "The alliance will remain; however, I will not be part of your village, Hashirama."

"Why?" Hashirama couldn't help but ask.

Why indeed? Anyone who knows nothing of the inside of the Uchiha "compound" would surely find themselves confused. That's just it, though. Ever since Madara became head, he has done changes everywhere. 

He took complete advantage of his title changing ancient laws and throwing out ideologies that were not only outdated, but were inhumane and cruel.

He had turned the entire Uchiha compound into its very own village all thanks to certain comment made years ago by a man whose whereabouts are still unknown.

The team Madara sent to check out the one lead is trustworthy and will continue to investigate until they find him.

"Because I have already begun my own village."