Prologue

May 9th, 1994
Portland, Oregon

"Josette, where are they?" Leilani's older brother,Malachai taunts as he paces through the halls of the Parker family's house.

It's the middle of the night and the eldest child had finally snapped after years of abuse from their father.

Leilani sits on her bed painting her nails a deep shade of green, her twin sister's dead corpse laying beside her.

"Josette? Where are they, Jo?"

Every so often screams can be heard from different areas of the house, Leilani ignores them as she attempts to paint her nails without smudging the colour.

Her older brother is currently searching for their youngest siblings, Olivia and Lucas. They were born in order to prevent the upcoming merge between Malachai and Josette because their father believes that Kai is an abomination.

Joshua Parker, their father and the leader of the Gemini Coven, has also called Leilani an abomination on many occasions ( This being another reason for her parents to try for more twins for the merge). The reasoning being that she and her older brother were both born without magic, instead they can only take it from others.

The siblings were often left out of trips, banned from touching and speaking to other members of the coven, abused verbally and sometimes physically. However, unbeknownst to Joshua, this was only fuelling a whole host of sociopathic tendencies which would soon spiral out of control.

"Come on out, Jo." Kai can be heard from the room next door, causing Leilani to quickly screw her nail polish shut and place it on the shelf above her bed.

The girl looks over at the dead body of her twin sister, Gabriella. Blood seeps from her skull into the cream carpet beneath her, a large gash on her forehead. A bloody stain wiped along the edge of the girls' desk, where Leilani had bashed her sister's head against it half an hour earlier.

Leilani kicks the corpse slightly, watching as the dead girl's head droops the the other side. A small smirk ghosts her face at the sight of her perfect sister finally being not-so-perfect.

"Where are they?!" Kai's raised voice, followed by Jo's cries in pain, pulls the sixteen year old girl from her thoughts.

Suddenly Leilani's door swings open as Kai enters the room. His eyes switch between Gabriella's body and the calm girl sat on the bed, a small proud smirk forming on his face.

"Come on, Leila." He gestures for her to follow as he drags a bloody baseball bat along the floor.

Leilani watches intently as her older brother calls for Olivia and Lucas. They exit the house and catch sight of Josette at the end of the garden when she calls for them, "Stop! I'll do it - I'll merge with you. Just don't hurt anyone else!"
Leilani smirks lightly as they walk towards their sister.
-
-
The next day is an eclipse, the day when Kai and Jo would merge and the day that Kai would finally become the leader of the coven.

The coven gathers around in the woods, Malachai and Josette standing opposite eachother in the centre of the circle. Leilani standing excitedly beside her brother.

"The power of the eclipse will merge us as one," Josette begins as they join hands, "You know what to say?"

"Been practicing my whole life." Kai replies, causing Leilani to smile softly.

The eldest twins begin to chant in unison, but Leilani knows something isn't right when Kai opens his eyes with a slight frown.

"I don't feel anything."

Jo remains silent when the boy begins to chant again, Leilani furrowing her eyebrows when she notices the coven begin to share knowing looks.

"Josette, what did you do?" Kai questions through gritted teeth, the girl simply staring straight back at him, "Why can't I feel your magic?"

They release hands and Kai stumbles back slightly, latching his hand with his younger sister's as he looks around, "Why aren't they saying anything? They should be saying something...they should be saying something, right? We're merging, this should all be a bigger deal."

A piercing ache erupts from the centre of Leilani's chest as she falls the the floor with a scream, quickly followed by Kai's. She hears the chanting of their father from in front of them.

The pain soon spreads to her head and she yells, hearing a similar scream from beside her. Her whole body feel as if it could explode and a sudden flash of light almost blinds her.

Another loud scream.

More bright light.

And next thing the siphoning siblings know, they are in a prison world. Repeating May 10th, 1994 for another 18 years.