4

"Your wandering around like a crazy man, why?" Damon asks as they follow Kai around outside the boarding house.

"I'm looking for the exact right spot. We need to find where the power of the eclipse is focused."

"You know, you could have just showed us the ascendant to begin with." Bonnie states

"Yeah, but I wanted to feel your hand on my chest." Kai retorts and Leila loudly gags from beside Kieran.

"There's something not right about him." Bonnie mutters to her the oldest Salvatore.

"You're just not used to guys hitting on you."

Kieran and Leila both laugh at his comment, causing Damon's ego to inflate slightly.

"You know, I can't wait to get out of here and talk to somebody else."

"Can we just have a few lasting seconds of peace while this idiot uses that thing to get the stars to align?"

Leila watches as Bonnie picks up a newspaper from the lawn and she leaves Kieran's side, making her way to stand beside her brother. They share a look but continuing acting as though nothing is going on.

"Hey, what's up with the nature walk?" Damon asks the older sibling.

"I use the ascendant to figure out where we need to be standing during the eclipse."

"Great. Let's do some magic and get the hell out of here."

"Oregon." Bonnie mumbles.

"What?" The Salvatore brothers ask.

"I've read this paper at least a thousand times, there's something about Oregon."

"What about it?"

"You know how Kai said they had all those brothers and sisters?" Bonnie questions the vampires before showing them the paper, "Family Massacred in Portland. The only ones missing were the oldest boy, a twenty two year old named Malachai...and one of the girls, a sixteen year old named Leilani."

"Who names a kid Malachai?" Kai questions as the duo turns around, "It's like they expected me to be evil."

"And don't you think it's funny how the name Leilani means Heavenly Child, whereas Leila means Dark Beauty. Even my name has two different personalities."

"These kids were murdered." Bonnie deadpans with a stern look.

"Hello? Not everyone died," Kai tells them honestly, "I had a soft spot for one of my other sisters. Otherwise I would've cut her lungs out, not just her spleen."

"What?"

"You can survive without a spleen." The Parker siblings insist in unison.

"Something tells me you're not speaking hypothetically." Damon comments and the duo move closer to point towards the pictures.

"Look, these two, I hung off the stairwell railing-"

"Then this one, she's my twin sister if you can tell by the identical looks. Well, I bashed her head continuously against the edge of our desk and then she fell to the floor and stained my carpet - which was kind of annoying but we got sent here anyway, so it didn't really matter." Leila rambles, gaining horrified looks.

"And him, I drowned in the pool," Kai sums up, "But he kept fighting me. And I was like, I saved you for last, you ungrateful little... anyway that was that."
With that the duo begin to continue their walk.