2

Two months later

Bonnie, Damon and Kieran are in the supermarket. Damon and Bonnie arguing as usual and Kieran walking ahead slightly, looking for something to snack on.

"We need strawberries, eggs, milk..oh, candles-" Bonnie picks the candles up and puts them in the cart whiles the brothers share a look.

"I know it's been a while, but you couldn't do magic as an anchor. So I'm curious, what momentary lapse of reason makes you think you can do it now?"

"You know, when this all started, you sucked at making pancakes and now, they're somewhat edible."

"She's lying," Kieran points out while opening a packet of chips, "They still suck, it's why I still eat birthday cake for breakfast every day."

"Milk..there's no reason to be a Peter Pessimist. We have proof that we're not alone." Bonnie points out and the vampires roll their eyes.

"First of all," Damon begins while putting the milk int he cart, "Don't nickname, that's my thing."

"Our thing." Kieran puts on a pair of sunglasses, like Bonnie did moments before.

"And this proof," Damon also puts on a pair of sunglasses, "This mystery filled-in crossword could have easily been you."

"I didn't fill it in."

"No, you don't know you filled it in. You also don't know that you talk in your sleep..eggs."

Bonnie places the eggs into the cart, "What are you saying? That I sleep crossword?"

"I'm saying it makes more sense than the alternative." Damon snaps back while they both take off their glasses, Kieran deciding to keep them on.

"I get what you're doing."

"What am I doing?"

"You refuse to have hope that you'll see Elena again so you don't have to be disappointed."
Kieran snickers at how correct the girl is.

"I refuse to have hope because there's nothing to hope for."

"Pork rinds." Bonnie quips, gaining disgusted looks from both brothers,

"Not on the list and-"

"Ew!" Kieran gags dramatically.

Damon points to him with a smirk, "What he said."

"No! There were pork rinds here, on this shelf. There have been pork rinds here on every shopping trip we've had for the past four months."

They all share looks and all of a sudden, the merry-go-round music can be heard from outside the store.

Kieran is the first to speed off towards it, only to see nobody around. The other two exit the store after a few minutes to see the boy sat on the merry-go-round as it spins.

"Hear that, Damon?" Bonnie smirks "Thats what hope sounds like."

When the ride stops, Damon opens the electrical box, "Its gotta be a short, faulty wiring or something."