002. his brother is such a creep

persnickety  ⋆

persnickety .ೃ*:
|
! CHAPTER TWO !

   "The Salvatore's? Their back?" The sun was shining, the trees were shaking, and all in the world seemed to be going splendidly

   "The Salvatore's? Their back?" The sun was shining, the trees were shaking, and all in the world seemed to be going splendidly. Excluding the fact that vampires were running rampant in Mystic Falls and Nick's family were the only ones who could do anything about it.

   "Yes. Stefan told me to tell you that his brother was- or is the one killing people." Her mother didn't say much after that, she just nodded while avoiding eye contact with Jerry.

   "Did he say anything else? Give any indication as to what we're supposed to do?"

   "Uh, I don't think so. He told me that he's living with his uncle slash... nephew Zach at the old boarding house. The one on the edge of town." Nick shivered slightly, remembering how uncomfortable the family tree situation made her. To be relatively unfair, she judged him heavily. "I'd assume that information helps no one."

   "Alright, sweetheart, just go to school. Talk to him. We'll deal with this when you get home." Nick hummed in response as she grabbed her bag. It was now a matter of discussion for a later date. She heaved herself out of the door and over to the bright blue vehicle in the driveway. It was a VW Bug because her parents couldn't afford anything more at the time.

Nicole sped out of the driveway and started on the path to school, stopping on Darlene's street to pick her up. She'd failed her driving test about four times. "How you doin'?"

"Moderately okay. Thank you for asking." The red-haired girl hopped into the car and slammed the door behind her, wincing at the sound.

   "Excuse you. Do not slam my door."

"My apologies Headmistress. Now, what do you have first?"

"Study Hall."

"Boring." She made sure to emphasize the 'O' as if it were some kind of tragedy.

"Oh, because your life is so exciting? Well then tell me, what do you have this morning?" Darlene turned in her seat, a smug look on her face.

"French."