003. bye bye teacher

persnickety  ⋆

persnickety .ೃ*:
|
! CHAPTER THREE !

   "Up and at em', Nicky! It's game day

   "Up and at em', Nicky! It's game day." Jerry expressed happily as he tore open the blue curtains littered with butterflies. A profoundly guttural sound made its way through the fabric of her sheets as they were tossed to the foot of the bed. "Oh, look. You're alive."

"Don't make me ghost you."

"Dead jokes. Hilarious." Nick sat up straight and revealed the unkempt, tangled mess she called hair that sat under her pillow. She brushed some hairs out of her face which did her no good as she swung her legs off the side of the bed.

"Why do feel the need to not only love high school football but make it everyone's problem?" Nick snarked lightly, stuffing her feet inside the bunny slippers below her bed.

"I don't make it everyone's problem. Just yours." He didn't say a word after that, leaving his daughter to get ready for the day they had planned. It was a father-daughter tradition to go out and celebrate the big game of the year although neither indulged in the sport. Nick moved across her bedroom and toward the open bathroom, getting ready to run the shower when she got a call.

It's nine am on a Saturday.

There was only one person who would have called this early in the morning and to be quite frank, she wasn't even a morning person. The small screen read 'd.a.' with a smiley face on the end as the small device kept on ringing.

"Gooood morning dear friend of mine."

"Oh, not you too," Nick whined as she face-planted onto her unmade bed.

"Don't you just love sports? I love sports. More specifically, those who play them." Darlene continued, circling back to the topic of Mason like she always did.

"What did you two talk about anyway?" Nick wondered, rolling out of bed for a second time and over to her two dressers to pick out clothes. Darlene scoffed.