Chapter four: The champions

After the game with the Slytherins even the Beauxbatons and the Durmstrang would join the Hogwarts students as they flew around. The teachers even allowed them to choose teams to have a little quidditch competition. Everyone wanted to be either on your team or Krum's.

"Okay, our beaters or obviously Fred and George, our chasers are Harry, Ginny, and Angelina, our keeper is Ron, and I'm the seeker." You said. Everyone nodded.

"I can't wait to see who wins between us and Krum's team." George said. "It's going to be a close call."

"Close call?!" You said. "Krum's way better than me! He plays professionally!"

"Yeah, but you're the only one in the whole school who can do that dive that Krum can do." Fred said. "We have a chance."

"What are we even getting out of this?" Ginny asked.

"The ultimate glory." Fred, George, and Ron said in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready?" Professor McGonagall asked, walking into the room. "This is the final match."

"YES!" Fred and George yelled and followed her out. You sighed and followed them. This was it. You were finally playing Krum. The Krum. You're really nervous.

"You got this." Harry said as he got ready to take off. You nodded.

"I'll do my best." You said. Madam Hooch blew her whistle and everyone took off. You eyed Krum as he circled around above the game. You saw a flash of gold but it turned out to be one of the twin's wristwatches. You scanned the game below. Then Krum dove. You dove after him. Then you saw the snitch. It was weaving crazily through the game. You and Krum were neck and neck, weaving through the players. A few stopped to watch but returned to the game. You hadn't noticed that everyone had gone quiet when you and Krum had dived. You sped up and dodged around one of the bludgers and a Weasley. You were so close to the snitch. You extended your hand and the snitch sailed down. Straight down. Instinctively you pulled into a nosedive. So did Krum. Now everyone was watching you. The snitch shot up just as you and Krum reached the ground. You pulled up quickly and shot after the snitch. You had been a little faster than Krum. You edged forward to get closer to the snitch. Your fingers were inches from the snitch. You sped up just slightly and there. The snitch was clutched in your hand. You had won. You had betten Viktor Krum. You pulled your broom to a halt. It took a second for the crowd and the players to register what happened.

"Blimey." You heard Ron say quietly. But in this silence, it felt like a shout. Then applause and cheering erupted from the Hogwarts students. You raised the struggling snitch high in your hand. Even the Slytherins were cheering. You glanced at Krum and was surprised to see a slight smile etched across his mouth. You looked away.

"You did it y/n!" Fred and George appeared next to you. "You won!"

"That was amazing!" Ginny said. "That dive was so cool!!" You flew down to the ground.

"Can you teach me how to do that some time?" Ron asked.

"I don't know how to explain it." You said. "I just... did it."

You were the last to put your broom away so, therefore, you had to lock up the broom shed. Everyone on the team had a key to it so they could open it whenever they wanted. You were alone and excited to get inside the great hall. It was freezing outside.

"Vait." You stopped and looked back at Krum. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"We're already talking." You said. Krum nodded. "What do you want to talk about?"