Chapter seven: The yule ball

"Please tell me you have a date y/n." Hermione said. "The yule ball's Friday of this week."

"Don't worry Hermione, I have a date." You said.

"Who then?" Hermione asked skeptically. You looked sideways at her and smirked. She realized. "Oh!" She said.

"What?" Harry and Ron asked at the same time. "Who asked her out?" Hermione looked at them, her mouth still hanging open.

"She was asked out by HIM?!" Ron said, shocked. He looked at you, disbelief playing through his eyes. "y/n, were you really asked out by Viktor Krum?!" You nodded. "AND YOU SAID YES?!" You nodded again. "Wow." Ron said.

"Ugh." Harry said.

"What is it?"

"Malfoy." Malfoy was indeed, walking over.

"Hopefully you've all found dates." He drawled. "Maybe not you Weasley. I can't think of anyone who'd like to go out with you." Ron went as red as his hair and tried to run at Malfoy but you and Harry caught him by the arms and pulled him back. Malfoy smirked. "Bet people were jumping to go with Pottah."

"I heard that someone was making a love potion to use on him." Pansy Parkinson laughed. "Who would want an orphan with a scar that much?!"

"Piss of Parkinson." You said. "You're lucky I'm not a prefect."

"But I am." Cedric said, popping up next to you.

"But aren't you supposed to be against Potter?" Draco asked.

"I am." Cedric said. "But that doesn't mean I can't deduct some house points from Slytherins and maybe put them in detention." Malfoy nodded to Crabbe and Goyle and they ran at Cedric, fists raised. You stepped in the way and made them slip with a water spell. "Ten points from Slytherin." Cedric said. "And don't make it any more Malfoy." Malfoy turned and stormed off. Pansy ran after him.

"Thanks Cedric." You said.

"You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Professor Mcgonagall still had your class practice dancing. Cedric was dancing with Cho Chang. He had asked her to the yule ball and she'd said yes. Fred had asked Angelica and was wildly spinning her around. You were dancing with George.

"Are you excited for the yule ball?" George asked you. You shrugged.

"I'm not that excited about the dancing." You said letting George spin you around. "But overall I'm pretty excited."

"Do you know who Ginny's going with?" George asked.

"I think she's going with Neville." You said.

"At least isn't a Slytherin."

"Why would it be a Slytherin?"

"I don't know." George shrugged.

"All right!" Professor Mcgonagall said. "That's enough for today! You can go to lunch now." The students grabbed their bags and headed out of the class. You were starving. You sat down with Fred, George, and Lee Jordan. They started talking about the yule ball.

"I heard that the walls are going to be covered with ice." Lee said.

"Dang!" Fred said.

"I heard there's going to be a big feast before dancing." George said. "You get whatever you want. If it's on the menu."

"I can't wait." Fred said. "It sounds like a lot of fun."

"You bet it does!" Lee said. "Do you all have dates?"