Untitled - Final

"I know." Nayeon says, surprising Sana during her usual Saturday Netflix binge.

"Long time no see." Sana says with a nod.

"Your Mina's new friend right? Her 7/11 buddy?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Nay." Sana denies.

"Sana." Nayeon, stands in front of the television, hands on her hips.

"1 hour." Sana says, turning off her television, "1 hour a week." She pauses, her eyes not wavering from Nayeon's eyes, "1 hour of just being near her...be it in silence or in short lived conversations...1 hour out of the 168 hours in a week. I know I don't deserve it, but can't I be selfish too?"

"Sana." Nayeon sighs, sitting on the couch next to her friend, "I.."

"I know." Sana interrupts, "I know her situation..I know it all..how could I not." Sana looks down, thinking back on that day when Momo left in a rush...that day when she got the text that ripped her heart out of her chest.

~flashback: 1 year ago~

"What happened?" Sana's voice was tense, the message she received from her informant gave her a bad feeling.

"Miss. Myoui's been in an accident..she's been rushed to the hospital..it doesn't loo.."

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING? YOUR JOB WAS TO PROTECT HER TOO NOT JUST TO WATCH HER GET HURT!" Sana was fuming.

"I..I'm so.."

"Don't you dare say you're sorry..if.." Sana takes a breath to keep her emotions in check, "If anything happens to her..you better not show your face in front of me or else." Sana ends the call, making arrangements to get to Hokkaido as soon as possible.

~

"Nayeon what happened?" Sana hides as her friends gather around Nayeon who still has blood on her shirt.

"There was an old lady..a car..it...Mina...what if she.."

"Hey no." Jihyo takes a hold of Nayeon's shoulders, shaking her lightly, "Nothing bad will happen to Mina. Okay? She'll come out of it..she's strong."

"Did you tell Sana?" Jihyo asks, after the police asked Nayeon for a statement.

"I wanted to..but it would be better if she didn't. She acts like she doesn't care, but I know she does..she cares so much she'll probably turn the world upside down just to find the culprit behind this. If she calls me..I'll tell her, if not then that's her choice."

"What do you mean?"

"Just trust me." Momo says, her eyes catching a glimpse of a familiar figure turning away.

~

Flying back and forth from Tokyo to Hokkaido everyday was draining for Sana, but she kept doing it. She kept going back, hiding in the shadows of the hospital. It's been 3 days since the accident and with each passing day Sana feels like Mina's slipping further and further away.

On the night of the 6th day, Sana finally caved and snuck inside Mina's room after everyone else had left.

"Mina." Sana calls her name softly, walking carefully, afraid that one wrong step would somehow end up in Mina leaving her forever.

"I found who did this to you." She sits on the chair next to the bed, no doubt the seat Nayeon's been living in until the other finally forced her to get proper rest.

"I didn't do anything bad, don't worry." Sana hesitantly reaches for the still hand, "Are you proud of me? I let them explain and it was an accident...I'm not mad at them..I'm mad at myself..I should have protected you better..I shouldn't be stubborn even after knowing it all now." Sana's grip on Mina's hand tightens, "If you wake up, I promise I won't let anything hurt you anymore..I promise to let you live the quiet life you want. Even if I'm not part of it..that's okay..I just.." Sana looks up, trying to blink her tears away, "Just please wake up Darling. Living without you is already hard, but what more if I have to live knowing I can never see you again..that you're gone for good."