Chapter One

A/N
Hello!! The names Riko! But hope you enjoy the story!
P.S this is what the main character (AJ) looks like. ^_^
••••••••••••~~~~~~~~~••••••••••~~~••~•~~~~•••••~~~~•~•~~•~•~••~••~
"I'm sorry miss," the doctor took off his glasses and looked straight at me, "your heart condition is getting worse. There will be a matter of time when...". He looked down as my mother began to cry. "I deeply apologize and wish you good luck."

As he left the room, I couldn't hold my tears any longer. My mother tried comfort me, but I just smacked her away. After 10 excruciating minutes of crying and self-pitying, we left the doctor's lair. Yeah that's what I call the rooms when I go to my daily heart appointments.

It was 5:48 PM when I checked my phone as we were exiting the hospital. While I was walking in the car, I felt my chest tightening. I laughed and said to myself "I'm a ticking time bomb ready to explode."

It was silent. All you can hear was soft music roaming in the car and snifflings from my mother. I just looked out the window watching the sun go down very slowly. "How am I going to tell everyone this?" I asked myself while we drove away to my house.

~Next day~

I waved to my mom as I got out of the car. You can see dark shadows around her eyes and her nose is red as a cherry. "She's been crying all night," I said in my mind. I watched as the car drove away from the parent pick up place. I sighed and walked toward my educational hell.

As I reach the handle of the door, I hesitated for a moment. There was people behind me, so I opened the door and went to my locker. A few people waved to me and I nodded my head while doing a fake smile at them. After walking pass through the crowd, I finally arrived at my locker and entered my combination. I quickly grabbed the stuff I needed for my boring classes and put my backpack in my locker. All the damn 'popular' girls were around my locker, so I decided to go to class earlier than I usually do. When I entered the classroom, no one was in here except the teacher and me.

"Good morning Mrs. Cogen," I say muttered out.

She turned around and smiled. "Well good morning AJ. Did you have a good weekend?", she asked casually.

I gulped and nodded my head shyly. For some reason, when it comes to adults I become very shy. I gave her a doctors note telling about my heart condition. The redhead teacher didn't read it yet, but she patted my shoulder and waited outside to greet the other students.

I went to my desk and put my stuff under the shelf that was part of the desk.. I looked at the board and scoffed. It said, "write about your saddest moments in life. We WILL be sharing today for a grade..." I laughed and sat on my desk. "What is this? 5th grade?". I got a pen and paper out, but didn't do the assignment. It's my business no one else's right? So, I put my head down and fell asleep. A person flicked my head and I grunted in annoyance. I looked up and the first thing I saw was a small Afro hair and a cheesy smile on his face.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Hey senpai. What's wrong?" He asked curiously. I didn't respond and just laid my head back. Joe pouted, then he started shaking me like a mad man and asking the same question like a broken freakin record.

"Joe could you leave me alone?!" I yelled out not meaning to do that. He stopped immediately. I could already tell he was surprised and sad, but I didn't bother looking at him. A hand slapped the back of his head and he turned around. He gasped and hugged someone. The only sound I heard was gasping and a "get off!" scream.

I looked up again and saw Alex getting a deadly hug by Joe who was quite enjoying this despite their height difference. Alex looked at me and I stared at her. Somehow she knows there's something going on with me and she squints her eyes. God, whenever she does that, I always get nervous and sometimes feel like I'm a criminal being interrogated by a cop. I looked at her angrily and grunted , giving her a signal to back off. Alex shook her head and crossed her arms around her chest. Joe touched Alex's arm and told her it's time to sit down. She looked down at me one more time, then she went to her desk.

"Okay class, I will give you 15 minutes to finish your do now." Mrs. Cogen said. The whole class nodded in response, but most of them don't plan on doing it like me.

"Dammit..." I picked up my head and stared at my paper blankly. I grabbed my pen and started writing. Instead of a crappy paragraph, I'm going to write a poem. After all poems seem to be more... Mysterious.

When I finished the last stanza, a person started reading out loud the class.

"Aight aight. One time right, I was goin to the store with my mom. But like I was wearing my new shoes. So, when I was walking I tripped over and fell right. But luckily I didn't get hurt. But what got hurt was my shoes. My BRAND NEW shoes. So I was screaming and freaking out....".

The girl continued on but I zoned out. "That story is full of crap. It's just shoes. You could've at least talk about a family dying or something." I thought to myself with annoyance. I came back to reality when I heard clapping. "Thank god.." I said accidentally aloud. Hopefully nobody heard me.

"AJ, would you like to come next?" She asked nicely. I shrugged my shoulders and went up in front of the class. I cleared my throat and started reading out loud.

"Well this isn't a paragraph of what my saddest moment is, but I wrote it in poetry instead.

Death is coming. Death is near,

The feeling of darkness and fear,

The loved ones going away,

Living somewhere far far away,

While I am alone in a hole,

With my dead and sorrowful soul,

My heart is no longer there,

Emotionally and physically missing somewhere,

Oh how I hope this ends

This misery and lonesome trends"

I look up to the class. They looked surprised, but in a bad way. Most of them looked depress, some just rolled their eyes and turned away. "There you happy?", I asked the redhead teacher. She nodded her head in shock that a quiet girl could say such words. I went back to my desk not looking at anyone. I put my head back down. It didn't bother me that some of the "popular girls" was talking shit about me. I just fell asleep until this damn class ended. God, I hate this class....