Not Alone Anymore / Chapter 1

You could say it was snowing, light flakes floating in the air just to melt upon contact with the ground, the flurries were getting a bit heavier though. It was Christmas after all, and who doesn't love a white Christmas?

Well, maybe Hoyoung doesn't care for it. He may not be considered a Scrooge but he'd kind of given up on the excitement of it after debuting, hardly ever getting to go see his family abroad. Christmases became the loneliest holiday for him. All the other members of course went home and celebrated with relatives.

It's not that Dongheon and Kangmin didn't invite him to join their families for the holiday but the fact he felt like he was overstepping his place and didn't want to be an inconvenience.

So the dorms alone it was. At least he thought he would be alone.

It was Christmas Eve morning and he woke up alone as expected deciding that if there wasn't anything to do he may as well go to the studio to practice and brush up on some choreographies. What he wasn't expecting to see was a passed-out Yongseung laying on the floor head on his duffle bag.

'Why is he still here? He should be with his family.'

As he got closer to shake the boy awake he noticed how red his eyes were. He looks like he had been crying, but he decided to wake his member up first before asking about it.

Hoyoung sat down beside him and gently shook his shoulder until his eyes peeked open even more red. Yongseung finally coming to realization sat up wiping his face with his hands. Looking back to Hoyoung.

"Hey Hyung. What's up?" he forced a small smile.

Hoyoung pitied that kind of reaction knowing it was fake.

"Yongseung, why are you asleep here? Why aren't you back home with your family?"

That's when he knew Yongseung had been crying because his lips started to tremble and his eyes started shining with more tears.

Yongseung knew there was no point in lying to him plus he doesn't think he could, feeling like he was on the verge of exploding.

"W-Well I did go home, and then I told my parents a secret that I was nervous to tell them because of how they might react. T-then they reacted the way I was afraid they would. They w-won't support me anymore. They kicked me out."

The tears poured down in streams and he let out choked sobs. Hoyoung watched him fall apart in front of him, slowly moving forward arms out pulling the younger into his arms embrace. Hoyoung gently rubbed circles up and down his back.

"It's okay don't worry I'm here, I promise I'm not going anywhere."

Yongseung continued crying for a while his hold on Hoyoung only growing.

Hoyoung only just realized something, and that was that he'd never seen the younger cry. It broke his heart to see, he knew Yongseung was more closed off with his emotions than the rest of the group. It was hard to see him as anything but happy. So seeing him so upset and vulnerable broke his heart that much more.

He stroked his hair slowly over and over trying to ease the boy's mind.

"You know.." he started lifting Yongseungs head to look at his face.

"Whatever you trusted to tell your parents, you didn't deserve what they did. You don't have to tell me or anyone else your secret until you're ready and I promise when you do we'll be understanding. I'll be understanding."

The younger looked up with a sad but real smile, he glanced back down fumbling with his fingers.

"I-I told them that I'm gay."

Hoyoung grabbed his hands and held them trying to meet his eyes again.

"I'm proud of you Seungie, it takes a lot of courage to confess. If your parents won't support you, just know I will. I know the members will too."

Yongseung wiped his eyes again this time smiling even bigger and hugged the older again.

After a couple of minutes, Hoyoung stood up and held his hand out for the younger pulling him to his feet.

"Let's get you to bed, I know you couldn't have slept well on the hard floor."

The younger just nodded following his steps back to their room.

As soon as they got to their room Yongseung collapsed on his bed, Hoyoung sat on the edge of his bed beside him.

"Get some rest Seungie, I guess I'll go back to practice."

But before he could stand to leave the younger had grabbed his hand and pulled him down beside him again.

"Stay. Please, just for a little bit."

Hoyoung wasn't gonna argue he really didn't like practicing alone so getting to cuddle and nap instead was definitely a win.

"Okay Seungie, just for a bit though."

Yongseung nodded with the cutest smile Hoyoung had ever seen on his face. He scooted over holding up the blankets for his Hyung to slide under beside him.

As soon as Hoyoung got under the covers the younger wrapped his arms around his waist and laid his head in the crook of his neck.

"Thank you for being here. I love you Hoyoung Hyung."

At that moment Hoyoung was glad the younger couldn't see his face as his cheeks blushed furiously at his comment.

"I love you too Seungie, get some sleep."

Little did Yongseung know Hoyoung loved him in a different way, but then again Hoyoung couldn't tell Yongseung had the same kind of love for the older.

But that was a conversation for another day.