Time Spent Well / Chapter 2

For two weeks the members were away, well all except Hoyoung and Yongseung. Two weeks of them spending every waking second together.

 The best hugs, hand-holding, dance practice, cuddling, cooking, and eating together. Of course, they both enjoyed every second but they assumed the other thought of it as nothing but a platonic friend thing.

Hoyoung couldn't get enough of their time together, neither could Yongseung but neither of them had yet to tell the other how they felt. Yongseung had known his feelings for the older for quite a few months only now he was unsure of whether to tell him about them or not.

Hoyoung on the other hand had been crushing on Yongseung since he moved to Korea and became a trainee. 

At first, it was hard to hide his admiration for the younger so he decided maybe it'd be easier to just stick around with Dongheon and Minchan more to try and keep his mind off of Yongseung.

Although sometimes it was unavoidable, he'd hate for the younger to think he didn't wanna be close so of course they still hung out just in smaller doses. Because the more time he spent with Yongseung the more he'd want to be with him and he knew he couldn't.

Christmas flew by like a breeze, the two just decided to spend the day snuggled up on the couch wrapped in each other and binge-watch reruns of Friends. If they weren't up for practicing cuddling is what they did.

Every few days the other members would give Hoyoung a call to see how he was doing and to tell him things that happened over the span of their breaks. 

Of course, Yongseung didn't get those calls, then again everyone still assumed he was also away with his family. Hoyoung tried to get him to call the members but he didn't want them to worry or spoil their fun.

On New Year's Eve night, the two decided to go for a walk by the Han River to relax and get out of the stuffiness of the dorm. It was about to be a New Year after all.

Hoyoug had last year's resolution to finish and a new one to start at midnight. Yet Yongseung had no idea he was the older's resolution.

They laughed and chatted as they made their way down the sidewalk, the streets empty everyone somewhere partying or celebrating but not them they were alone with each other.

11:59 Hoyoung had been counting the time because he decided he wouldn't be a coward anymore.

"Yongseung, it's okay if you don't feel the same but I have to tell you before I get too scared to. I like you and I have for a long time now, I know you've only just come to terms with yourself and your sexuality so I don't wanna p-"

Yongseung had leaned in and pecked a quick kiss on the older's lips mid-sentence. Hoyoung glanced up trying to refocus on the younger with his eyes wide. He stared at Yongseungs glowing red cheeks as the younger's gaze shifted to his feet.

"W-what was that for?"

Hoyoung asked still a stuttering wide-eyed mess.

"I like you Hyung, I have for a long time too. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

Hoyoung looked at the younger placing his hand on his cheek and pulling his face up so they were looking at each other.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I would have waited until you were ready."

Hoyoung caressed his cheek with his thumb, this time pulling the younger's face even closer. Until their eyes fluttered closed and their lips met in what felt like the sweetest moment one could ever hope for. 

The butterflies in their stomach flew out and away because now they weren't afraid and they definitely weren't alone.