Twisted Wonderland & The Queen's Card-Final Part

"Mr Rosehearts. I believe I asked you what you were doing here." Headmage Crowley asked again.
  Riddle blinked. He was back, standing in front of the glass case for The Queen of Heart's Card, the Headmage standing nearby.
  "I...I was just examining the card," Riddle said. "I wanted to get a closer look at it without lots of students around."
  "I see, but it's after curfew," Crowley said. "I would have expected you to be up early instead of late."
  "I understand," Riddle repiled. "And I am willing to pay the price for my actions."
  "...Mr Rosehearts. I'm afraid I neglected to share a piece of information regarding the Seven Treasures," the Headmage said, looking at The Queen's Card. "There is a legend that states that the Treasures will hunt for suitable masters when they reawaken. I refrained from sharing this information publicly because I figured it was simply that, a made up legend. But I suspect that much more happened in the last two days than I realize."
  "Sir," Riddle said slowly. "Why are you telling me this?"
  Crowley turned to look at Riddle. "Because I believe that The Queen's Card has chosen you to be its next master," he said. "Which means it's safe to turn the card over to reveal its artwork."
  Reaching down, Crowley unlocked the case and lifted the glass off. Then, he motioned for Riddle to turn the card over.
  Gently, Riddle picked up the card and turned it over, looking at it for a moment.
  "So, what do you think of the art?" Crowley asked.
  Riddle looked up. "It's safe," he said. "And it always will be."
  Laying the card face up, Riddle watched as the glass case was placed back overtop and relocked.
  Looking out, the artwork for The Queen's Card still matched the statue of the Queen of Hearts, but it had become altered to mirror Riddle's Overblot form.
  "Headmage?" Riddle asked, recalling something. "What will happen to the Seven Treasures once the exhibition is over?"
  "They will join a permanent home in each dorm," Crowley said, straightening. "Did I not mention that during the presentation?"
  "No," Riddle said, a bit agitated. "No you did not."
  "Oh, my mistake," Crowley said. "Now, Mr Rosehearts. You should head back to Heartslabyul. Class is early tomorrow."
  "Yes sir." Riddle said*, looking back at the card one more time. It could have been an illusion, but Riddle could have sworn he saw a relieved look appear on the card's face before he left the room.
  Trey was leaning on the wall outside of the exhibit and straightened as Riddle exited. "So, how does it look?" Trey asked.
  "Better," Riddle replied. "But I think you already know that, right?"
  Trey's form reshaped into Overblot Riddle and he nodded. "You can still tell?"
  "You wear the hat differently," Riddle said. "It's a bit off from how Trey wears it."
  "Doesn't it really matter if you're the only one who sees me?"
  "Of course it does," Riddle repiled. "After all, if you're still hiding behind someone else, I'll never get to know you as you."
  Overblot Riddle smiled a little. "I guess you have a point there," he said. "So, I'll see you tomorrow then?"
  Riddle nodded. "I still have to write my report, you know. And if I can get first-hand information it'll be an even greater report."
  "That's true," Overblot Riddle said, fading slightly. "Thanks again, Riddle. It's nice to have a friend."
  "You're welcome." Riddle said as the illusion faded away completely.
  Then he walked back to Heartslabyul, where Ace, Deuce, Cater and Trey were waiting.
  "So, who's hungry?" Ace asked, prompting a groan from Deuce. "Hey, I'm allowed to be hungry. I was turned into a card first you know!"
  "I believe there are some leftover tarts in the fridge from the last unbirthday party," Trey said. "Riddle, do you mind?"
  "Go ahead," Riddle said. "I think we're all hungry."
  Ace and Deuce took off to the kitchen, with Cater close behind. Trey looked at Riddle. "Will he be alright?" Trey asked.
  "Headmage Crowley informed me that the Treasure will be joining Heartslabyul as a permanent display," Riddle said. "The same will be for the other Treasures."
  "That's a relief," Trey said. "I was wondering how you would convince the Headmage to allow the Treasures to remain out."
  "I was going to suggest permanent displays myself," Riddle said. "It brings a deeper sense of history to the dorm to have a Treasure of the Great Seven on display."
  "I agree," Trey said. "Now, we should hurry if we want any tart. I suspect that those three will have finished them all by the time we get there."
  Riddle laughed, feeling a weight leave his shoulders. This was home and he wasn't alone. Not anymore.
  For the next hour, the kitchen light in Heartslabyul was on as a handful of tart foils were emptied and laughs were exchanged. And everything was right.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
  As Crowley was returning to his office, he paused for a moment outside of The King of Beast's room as something crunched under his shoe.
  "Sand?" Crowley wondered out loud, looking down. "How odd..."
  A thin layer of golden sand had slid out from under the door and as Crowley opened it to sweep the sand back in, he was surprised by the lack of light.
Grrr...
  A low growl came from inside the room and Crowley frowned. "If I must remind every student here," he said. "Curfew is active and you should be back in bed."
  In response, a light wind blew, sending more sand towards Crowley, who stepped back. "Enough of this!" He cried, raising his raven-tipped staff. "Reveal yourself!"
  "Oh, that won't be necessary," a familiar voice said from the shadows behind Crowley. "You won't be around much longer anyway."
  A cold nail touched Crowley, splitting the skin, and he froze, unable to move as a figure walked in front of him, an orange flame around his eye.
  "Long live The King." Overblot Leona said, grinning as Crowley opened his mouth to cry out, but instead of words, a raven's caw came out.