Twisted Wonderland & The Shell of Magic-Final Part

At last, the week of the Seven Treasures exhibits ended and the Treasures were transported to their respective dorms.
"Well, that should solve any more issues about being alone." Azul heard Riddle mutter to himself as the Queen's Card was placed in Heartslabyul.
Leona didn't say anything as the King of Beast's Claw was placed in Savannaclaw, but Azul could have sworn he saw an ambitious look in Leona's eyes, like he was looking at a worthy opponent.
As for the Shell of Magic, Azul had told the Headmage that he had used a repair spell on the Treasure which was how it had been reconstructed.
Of course, Crowley believed it, after Azul had also told him about the wishing service then inquired as to the nature of the hosts.
"Every Treasure was rumoured to one day select a host," Crowley had explained. "But I don't want this to become public knowledge. Students would fight each other for the Treasures and that is not how they work, as I assume you've seen, Mr Ashengrotto."
It was late the night that the Treasures were transported and Azul sat in his V.I.P room, the Shell on the desk in front of him.
He ran a finger along the golden spiral Shell, tracing the indent. For something so small, it held so much power. Too much. Azul pushed it away then adjusted his glasses.
Was it possible that the remaining Treasures shared some of the Shell's ideas on breaking free from their hosts? What would happen if that actually occurred?
"Are you thinking about what happened again?" The Shell asked, sitting on the edge of the desk.
"You seem happier now," Azul noticed, looking up. "Did everything get returned to normal?"
The Shell nodded. "As our agreed contract dictated, everything was returned to normal."
"And how are you enjoying the new form I let you borrow?" Azul asked, closing his eyes. "I take it, you find it enjoyable?"
"It's at least easier to move in," The Shell said. "Though I find walking a bit odd. Do you ever feel like your tentacles are still there?"
"That's besides the point," Azul replied, standing and grabbing the physical shell. "Our contract was rushed but I believe it will stand as we both get what we want from it."
The Shell nodded, then pointed at the golden shell in Azul's hand. "You still aren't going to make a wish?" He inquired.
"There are too many loopholes that could still be taken," Azul repiled, leaning down and placing the shell back in its glass case. "You and I may be tied by the contract, but that doesn't mean you'll remain true to the host-item relationship."
"I suppose you're right," The Shell said, looking up at the ceiling. "But I don't think the contract will break. You made an offer that appealed to us both, so there's little reason to worry."
Azul closed the glass case and locked it then turned around but The Shell had vanished. "It's not you I'm worried about," Azul muttered. "It's what will come next."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Kalim, are you awake?" Jamil asked softly after the leftovers of the latest banquet were cleaned up.
Kalim was sprawled out on the floor pillows, snoring softly.
Jamil looked down at him for a moment before kneeling and gently touching Kalim's shoulder. "Kalim," he whispered. "Let's get you to bed."
"Ngh..." Kalim moaned, his eyes opening halfway. "Jamil? What...time is it?"
"Around midnight," Jamil replied. "Come on. The floor is no place to sleep."
Still half-asleep, Kalim stood up, with Jamil supporting him.
As they walked past the Sorcerer of Sand's Staff, Jamil paused as a strange red light seemed to come off of the staff.
But the intricate snake-shaped staff head didn't do anything so Jamil brushed it off as late-night illusions.
As the two walked away, the eyes of the staff softly glowed red.
"I smell fear..." a slithery voice whispered. "I smell hatred..."
The desert sands of Scarabia were blown by a light wind that sent the lanterns hanging from the roof swaying gently and casting an unsettled feeling to fall upon the dorm...