Missing Links II

HEYY PART TWO OF THAT ONE-SHOT WHERE Y/N DIDN'T GET TRANSPORTED!!!! WELL A CERTAIN SOMEBODY IS BACK AND IT'S TIME FOR THEM TO TALK! Reader uses They/Them pronouns 🤩

It had been a while since you've tried to accept that your three best friends were basically gone. You had been thinking of them almost all the time. And in hindsight you saw that your friendship wasn't really all the great. The hardest part for you was accepting that you'll probably never get to fix that friendship with them.

If they were to come back.. You thought for a moment before remembering that they're most likely gone for a good.

You were at the grocery store getting some snacks for the following week, nothing to much.

You had paid for your snacks and walked out the store, it wasn't far from your house so you decided to not use your scooter.

You were on your phone while walking which was already stupid enough, but of course you had bumped into someone causing you fall on the concrete sidewalk.

"oh god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-" you stopped as you turned up to see your best friend, Anne Boonchuy standing in front of you. And next to her were huge frogs??

"Oh, oh, haha, my god, I've finally lost it haven't I?" You laughed, Anne seemed in too much shock to even say anything, you saw tears start to form in the corner of her eyes.

"Y/N?" Anne whispered, before pulling you into a hug.

You stood there for a second, and that's when it clicked that this was real, she was real. This is when you started tearing up and hugged back.

The two of you stood there for a few minutes just sobbing, you didn't get any strange looks from anyone besides THE GIANT FROGS, but you were to happy to care.

You two finally let go as you placed your hands on Anne's shoulders. "Anne- your back?"

"Yeah, yeah I am." She nodded still slight tearing up, but she was happy, and you were happy.

"You have so much explaining to do." You laughed as you let her go.

"I know, and I will, but I need to go to my parents." Anne agreed.

"Oh my god, your parents, they're gonna be so happy, of course go, you have my contact right?"

"Wait, no, can you come with me? Please?" Anne asked, as she grabbed my hand.

"Of course." You smiled gently.

"So uh, you gonna introduce us or-"

"WAIT I RECOGNIZE YOU!" You saw a pink frog jump up from the corner of your vision.

"Oh right! Y/N these are the Plantars, Plantars, my best friend, Y/N!" Anne introduced, you waved at the frogs who hesitantly waved back.

"That's Hop-pop, Sprig, and Polly!" She motioned to each of them.

"How do we know we can trust them?" Sprig questioned.

"Yeah, what if they also completely back stabs you, and betrays us!" Polly chimed in.

"I'm sorry- what? Why would I do that?" You asked, you then turned to Anne, who you noticed was now squeezing your hand.

"Anne?" You asked, you looked up to face you, "uhm- my hand-" you chuckled.

"oh! Sorry!" She apologized and then let go, you could tell something was bothering her.

"Hey, let's get to your parents!" You smiled. As the five of you started walking.

~~~

You were sat on Anne's couch after she had explained the whole thing, basically you were right.

They did get transported to another world, but who knew all of that had gone down. Anne's parents wanted to give the Plantars to the government but eventually they agreed they could stay.

But now they were on lock down. Anne walked up to you. "Heyyyy, uhm so I actually have to talk to you.." Anne started.

"Oh yeah sure, I'm all ears." You grinned.

"But not here, let's take the Plantars to my room! So they can see how cool it is!" She spoke really loudly on the last two parts.

"Cmon!" She grabbed you hand and pull you along.

"WOAH OKAY I'M GOING THIS WAY-" you reacted, noticing she had gotten way stronger now.

~~~

"So wait, I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding, Marcy knew about the music box beforehand?" You wondered.

"Yeah, that's not all though, she still planned to use it to take us to more worlds." Anne quietly spoke. You could believe what you were hearing.

"Okay, okay, so what happened afterwards? The king Newt person is evil? Right?" You asked. She nodded.

"Uhm, yeah, we all teamed up, during that. And Andrias kinda threw Sprig out the window, which also activated some crazy blue powers I didn't know I had!" Anne explained.

"WHAT? How did we go from, oh my best friend betrayed me, to powers?!" You were still processing all that Anne had told you.

"There's uhm, one more thing through." You noticed the tone in her voice change. You immediately put your serious face on and nodded to her. "Marcy, she, uhm, she-" that's when Anne started sobbing, just full on sobbing.

"Hey- it's okay, you don't have to tell me." You comfort as you pulled her into a hug.

"No, Y/N, he stabbed her, straight through the heart." She continued to cry out, this is when you felt tears start to form in your eyes. As you two sat there crying, on her bed.

"We're gonna get them back, I promise"

HEYY THAT WAS ANGSTY HAHA!! no but really I had fun with this one AND HOLY MOLY, HOW IN THE WORD DID WE GET 100+ READS? THANK YOU!!! I kinda wanna keep making parts for this but then I guess it wouldn't be a one shot? STILL LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT MORE PARTS I'LL GLADLY WRITE THEM!! but anyways, again thank you for 100+ reads!! THAT'S CRAZY!! I hope you all enjoyed this ❤