Missing Links III

HEYY SORRY I DIDN'T POST MUCH!!! I just got diagnosed with anemia so that's kinda scary but anyways I GOT PART 3!! I don't wanna spoil anything but all I'll say is that this will have spoilers for season 3b!! SO YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!! reader will use they/them pronouns 🤩

It had been a few hours since Anne had returned. That's when you remembered something and got up. "OH MY GOSH WAIT! OKAY STAY HERE I'LL BE BACK!" You yelled in excitement.

"Wait wha-" you heard Anne question as you dashed out the door. You quickly ran outside, and grabbed your scooter. You put your helmet on and dashed for your house.

~~~

You were back into Anne's room. She turned and saw you. "Oh hey your back!" She stood up.

"Yeah and I needed to get you this!" You held out a wrapped box. "It was supposed to be your birthday present, but we'll y'know." You shrugged.

She grabbed the box. "Wait, really?" She looked up to you, as you nodded.

"Cmon! Open it!! I've been waiting for months!"

"Okay, okay I just need to sit down!" She laughed as the two of you walked to her bed where she sat down.

She unwrapped the box to reveal a yellow sweater, on the back it had a frog symbol.

Anne gasped, "I know it isn't much, but I remember you liking yellow a lot when we were kids, and I thought since it had a frog symbol it would be kinda funny. But I guess now it just has a bit more meaning to it." You chuckled as you sat next to Anne, who was still looking down at the sweater.

Before you could speak you felt her arms wrap around you. "Thank you so much!" She cried while hugging you. You hugged her back, happy that she loved her birthday gift.

~~~

It had been a couple of weeks since Anne had returned. Currently you were on your bed scrolling through your phone.

Your phone fell on your face as you felt it buzz. "Ow.." You whined as you grabbed it to see who it was.

"Y/N! Wanna help us rob a museum?!" Anne let out.

You gave her a confused stare, "I'm sorry- hold up- what?" You questioned.

"Just come over! Sneak in y'know?" She suggested. You stood there holding your phone with a blank expression. SHE WANTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO HER ROOM SO THAT YOU COULD ROB A MUSEUM.

You sighed, "alright lemme just change-"

"Wear something dark!" She told you before hanging up.

"Oh god this is a bad idea isn't it." You said to yourself.

~~~

Well long story short you got caught but only because a GIANT INVISIBLE ROBOT WAS TRYING TO KILL ANNE.

But it had been a while since that, and now you were with Anne at an old cafe you all used to hang out at.

"So Terri and Dr Jan are gonna have us meet up to test the portal out." Anne explained.

"Woah, I can't believe this, I mean portals to other worlds! That's so cool!" You smiled. Anne laughed.

"Talking about other worlds, you never really got into detail about amphibia?" You wondered.

"Oh! Well it was really weird," Anne started. "Obviously there's frogs, toads, and newts, but there's like bigger versions of things, for example we fought a giant lobster once." Anne explained.

"Hmm, so I kinda have a question." I started, Anne looked up at me from her drink.

"So uh, what if, I went back to Amphibia with you." I suggested, and Anne almost dropped her drink.

"What? No, no, no, absolutely not!" Anne shook her head. "It's dangerous, you can't put yourself in danger like that!"

"Anne, I haven't seen you guys for months, and now things are all different, and our best friends are trapped in another world." I started. "But I wanna help, whatever the consequences are, I don't care. I'm not just gonna let you guys do this all on your own, we're a team!"

"Y/N! You've never been to amphibia, it's changed, it's not some fun fantasy world-"

"Woah, woah, hold up! You think I don't know that? Dude I lost my three best friends to that world and I only just got you back, and now I run the risk of losing you again. I'm not gonna let that happen a second time, at least not with me here, on earth." I argued back.

Anne sighed, "I'm doing it to keep you safe, I also already lost Sasha and Marcy." Anne admitted. "Besides even if you came to amphibia, I doubt that your parents would be okay with it."

I looked towards the floor. "They won't, but what they don't know won't kill them." You whispered.

Anne stood up. "I can't let you come to amphibia with us, I'm sorry." Anne told you while she grabbed her drink. "Please Y/N, I can't put you danger, so please, don't come to amphibia." She whispered to you, before walking off.

You watched as she walked away, you sat there for a but, processing what had just happened. You took a deep breath, before standing up and walking back to your house.

You entered your room, where you had a board, full of information. It had everything, everything from since the three's disappearance, to all the info Anne had given you about Amphibia.

You looked to the right side of the board where your desk was with a backpack. "I'm sorry, Anne." You started as you wrote something on a paper, "but this isn't something I can let you do on your own." You grabbed the paper and pinned it on the board.

Go to amphibia

"Not anymore." You backed up as you looked at the board.

Uh ohhhh a conflict between Y/N and Anne? HMMM WONDER HOW THAT'LL GO DOWN? Sorry for not updating I'm catching up on school work, AND THIS IS ALREADY LONG ENOUGH SORRY IF YOU EXPECTED MORE FROM THIS 😭😭 But anyways I hope you enjoyed it ☺❤ HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT :D