Chapter 4

Justin's POV

"What the hell is going on here?" A strong voice yelled. I looked up to a group of police officers and saw Ariana's boyfriend- or former boyfriend.

"Shit." She mumbled beside me.

"Hey, it's okay. There's only a matter of time before Scooter gets here." Jacob looked past the officers to Ariana and I. He glared at me then his eyes fell on Ari.

"Shit." She mumbled again.

He pushed past the officers and walked towards us. "You sneaky, manipulative bitch."

"Woah, chill man." I intervened.

"You shut up!" He snapped. "I'm pressing charges on both of your asses."

"Sir, this woman claims that she lives here with you." The officer that cuffed us came up behind Jacob. "Can you confirm this?"

"Yeah, I kicked her ass out last night. This is breaking and entering, take these two to jail!"

"Well sir, there's no signs of forced entry, your bedroom window was unlocked." Another officer came and helped Ariana to her feet then took the cuffs off of her. "And since she lived here and was just moving her possessions, we can't do anything."

"What?!" He yelled.

"So I'm free to go?" Ari asked the officer. He nodded his head.

"Well I can still sue you." He pointed his finger at me.

"Actually you can't." A familiar voice said. It was Scooter. I didn't even realize he was here, he'd walked up behind me. "Could you take the cuff off of Justin please, he can't be held here."

"He broke in to my house!" Jacob yelled.

An officer unlocked the cuffs on my hands and helped me stand. "He was assisting someone to move their belongings. No crime took place here, we're leaving."

"The hell he is!" Jacob grabbed me by my collar and shoved me against a near by squad car. "You're not getting away, asshole."

"Let go of my client before you're the one in handcuffs!" Scooter yelled. The officers pulled him off of me and restrained him with zip-ties.

"Let's go." He placed his hand on my back and led me to the car.

"Come on Ari, you're with me."

"Woah, who's she?" Scooter asked.

"Her name is Ariana, one of our dancers. She's with me."

Scooter glared at her before he dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "Just get in, we're going home."

~*~

Ariana's POV

I listened to the muffled voices on the other side of the door. "She's trouble."

"She's my friend."

"Since when?"

"Since like, a week ago? Maybe less... I don't know, the point is she needed help."

"And how do you know she's not just using you? Did you ever even consider that?"

"She wouldn't, she's not like that."

"How would you know? You said it yourself, you barely know her."

"I know her well enough."

"And what will Selena think? Don't you think you're betraying her trust?"

"I'm not sleeping with her, we just met. And you act as if Selena and I are actually dating; it's a business arrangement, you of all people should know that."

"I know that, but-"

"End of conversation, Scooter." The door swung open, nearly scaring me out of my wits. Justin paused for a second, then walked right past me. I followed him down to the kitchen.

"I didn't mean to stir trouble, really. If me staying here is an issue I could always find somewhere else. Cassie or Luke, I'm sure they wouldn't mind-"

"It's fine, Ariana. Scooter is just a bit over protective."

"Are you sure?" I asked. I really appreciate this, I just don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you."

"Are you taking advantage of me?" He asked blatantly.

"What? No, no, not at all."

"Okay then. There's no issue." He pulled something from his pocket and opened his hand in front of me. It was a key. "My home is your home."

I was so surprised. Justin barely knows me, he said it himself, we just met.... And he's opening up his home to me? It's unbelievable.

I took the key out of his hand and immediately jumped into his arms for a hug. "Thank you, Justin. Thank you."

~*~

It's been a long time guys!!!! How ya been?? Just a little short chapter for you, sorry it's been so long!! I'll definitely start updating more, I'm not sure when but there won't be another wait this long, I promise!!