Chapter 5

Ariana's POV (three months later)
"Goodmorning." Justin said coming into the kitchen with a big smile on his face. He placed a kiss on my cheek as he passed by and went to the fridge. "Isn't it such an amazing day?

I looked at him suspiciously. "Did you...?"

As I finished my sentence, in came Selena, Justin's girlfriend. "Goodmorning, Ari. How you doing?"

I watched her as she went to Justin and planted a strong kiss on his lips. "You did." I answered myself, standing up and going into the family room.

As I passed the foyer, the doorbell rang. "Ari, could you get that?" I heard Justin yell.

"Got it!" I yelled and opened the door. On the other side stood Luke, my boyfriend. "Luke!!" I yelled, and jumped into his arms. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I just thought I'd stop by, I missed you."

"But you saw me yesterday."

"I know but still... I always miss you." He smiled.

I kissed him and pulled him inside the house. "You're sweet. So what do you want to do?"

"It depends, is Justin calling for rehearsal?"

"No, he told me he had to spend the day with Selena. Scooter wants more press and publicity on their relationship with Justin's new album coming out."

"Understandable. So where is the superstar anyway?"

I looked in the kitchen on the way downstairs, but Justin and Selena weren't there. "He was just in the kitchen but..."

"Well there's only one more place he could be..." We walked downstairs to the lower level studio where, of course, Justin and Selena had run off to. Justin was sitting at the control booth while Selena sat on a chair in the corner.

"Hey bro." Luke greeted Justin as we entered. "Working hard or hardly working?"

"What?" Justin asked with a slight attitude, Luke didn't catch on though. "What are you doing here? Weren't you just here yesterday."

"Well you know I had to come back to see my girl." He wrapped his arm around me and sat on the couch beside me. "I mean, if you're getting tired of me visiting all the time, she could just move in with me."

I looked at him suspiciously. Luke knows that I don't want to move into with him, I just don't want to move that fast.

"Well if she wanted to move in, she would've." Justin responded. I'm not sure why, but Justin is often very snobby when it comes to Luke. I thought they were friends-- and Luke sure thinks they are-- but Justin doesn't seem to. "Plus my 5 bedroom mansion is much bigger than your 2 bedroom apartment." There was an awkward silence after that brutal burn. Luke just looked down, twiddling his thumbs.

"So what are you working on, Justin?" I asked to try and clear the air.

"Just finishing touches on the next single."
"Take You? I loved the preview you gave Nick and Cassie." Selena commented.

"Oh speaking of babe," Luke said. "We are supposed to meet them for brunch in an hour, you might want to get ready."

"Brunch? No, no, you can't go to brunch." Justin said. "We have last minute rehearsals, there's no time."

"Rehearsals?" Luke said. "There's no rehearsals scheduled for today."

"Dude it's crunch time, this new single is coming out soon, we need to practice. Scooter is trying to get me booked for performances, you guys can just be wasting your time going on dates."

"But you and Selena are going on a date later today?" I pointed out. "Or did I read your schedule wrong?"

"Our dates are for publicity... It's business."
I rolled my eyes. If Justin really thinks I'm going to believe his whole relationship with Selena is just for publicity, he's stupid. I know for a fact that their time spent together last night wasn't publicity, it was a booty call.

~*~

"Okay guys, gather around." Justin said as he stood at the front of the dance studio. I stayed at the back of the crowd. I wasn't too happy with him right now, and he knew it. "So we have a new single coming out soon. "Nick and Cassie has done the choreo, so they're in charge today. They're going to demonstrate twice, and from that, you should all have the basic steps. Take it away guys."

Nick and Cassie took their places at the forefront of the group and began to explain the steps. Justin walked to the back and stood beside me with his arms crossed. "What?" I asked lowly so only he heard.

"Why do you have such an attitude? What's wrong?" He didn't look at me while he talked, I guess he didn't want draw attention.

"You're what's wrong. We weren't even supposed to have rehearsals today, but as soon as you heard Luke and I had plans, you wanted to work today."

"That's not why--"

"Yes it is, don't lie. You've been doing this since he and I started dating, as if you're jealous or something." I looked at him for the first time during the conversation. "You're not jealous, are you?"

"No." He said quickly. "Of course not... I just think you could do better."

"Well don't try to sabotage my relationship just because you think he's not good enough..."
"Okay, let's go guys." Nick said to the group.
"It's kind of a dick move." I walked away and took my place in the group.

Justin took his at the front with Nick and Cassie. "I'm sorry." He mouthed looking back at me.

I nodded at him signaling my forgiveness. I wondered why Justin was so protective against Luke, I thought they were friends.

Cassie began the countdown. "5... 6... 7...8!"
(A/n: video to the side)

~*~