03 | Guess he hates that word, too

"What is this place?" I asked in awe as I took a look around that new area.

There was a huge room which looked like it was bigger than... I didn't have anything I could compare it to, but it was huge!

But the room itself wasn't what shocked me, no. It looked like the place was some sort of shelter, or even a place to live.

There were many doors practically everywhere I looked, and in the middle was a huge, wooden table with well over fifty seats.

And the craziest thing? There were people going left and right!

"We do not need these anymore," Wu's voice rang in my ears as the torch in my hand was taken away.

I tore my gaze off of the scenery in front of me to look at him, only to see the once-lit torches not lit anymore.

How did he distinguish the flames in a matter of seconds?

I looked back at the place and took a closer look at the people rushing around. Many looked older than me, but also not that older at the same time.

But definitely over eighteen.

One girl, for example, had completely pink hair which looked pretty good.

I wouldn't think I'd be able to pull off pink hair with my black hair, when I thought about it.

Anyways, that girl was rushing from one door to the opposite one, walking right in front of me and Wu to get past. As she was nearing us, she looked up at Wu, only to focus on me instead.

She halted in her tracks, mouth open and eyes wide. I frowned, looking at Wu who was nodding his head at her.

She audibly gasped, throwing her hands up to cover her mouth, but didn't say or ask anything before she hurried away from us.

"What was that about?" I asked him.

He smiled at me. "Patience."

Then he turned around and walked over to a door, leaving me there to stand for a few seconds on my own.

This guy was testing my patience more than I could take. But I still wanted to have some answers, and if I were to ask more than I already did, he would give me the same answer.

Patience.

And let me tell you, I only had that much patience before hands would've gotten thrown.

"Are you coming?" he turned around to look at me as he stopped in front of a door, his hand on the shiny handle.

I nodded, finally coming back to my senses. I quickly hurried over to him and stood behind him as he turned the door handle and opened the door smoothly.

As I walked in after him, I immediately looked around, my mouth opening slightly at the magnitude of the, again, new area.

There were many bookshelves reaching up to the ceiling that were filled with different-colored books. The room didn't look like a room at all, it looked like a literal underground library.

So cool!

"We have everything we need down here," Wu began to tell me as I subconsciously grazed over the books with my finger as I walked by. "From this library here to our own bedrooms. We have a medical bay, as well as our own gaming room. This is our home, and it is also your home."

"How did you build this?" I asked after I had the feeling he was done.

"It was left behind by our ancestors, Nya. They wanted us to live up to their legacy."