Chapter Four|"I've Had Enough Of Your Mood Swings Which Are Like Pregnant Women"

• Dedicated to My Granny --> RIP

Chapter Four| "I've Had Enough Of Your Mood Swings Which Are Like Pregnant Women"

-Harmony Adler-

We got home after a little while; Kris and I spent most of the day together and yes, dad and Charles still never let go of their teasing for Kris and I. Kris had shown a different side of him today, he looked happy and he smiled. I spent my time trying to tell him a bit more about myself and though he didn’t open up to me that much, I decided I would give him some space and some time. He seemed like a nice guy, and I thought why the hell would his friends leave him just because he was deaf? Kris was still so good at heart that I believe any girl would fall in love with the real him.

After we had done talking, the ride home wasn’t quite… dad and Charles kept looking back and forth at us, and this was getting really annoying because I very well knew their grins. They were expecting something ‘PG 13’ but obviously, Kris and I knew that we were nothing more than friends. Wait, did I mention that we still never talked out on how we should be friends or not?

Charles wanted to stay over for dinner and dad had initially said that we could go to a restaurant instead of me struggling to cook. I wasn’t struggling; well actually I was having some help. No, dad and Charles weren’t helping. They were just some lazy butts who came home and slumped down on the couch with a bag of my Cheetos. We were still hungry although we had eaten our sandwiches during our ride home, but still we had stomachs of pigs. Since dad and Charles didn’t help in cooking… only one was nice enough to give a hand.

Kris.

He was helping me.

I prepared some pasta, along with some cheese on garlic bread. I had some chicken parmesan ready and obviously some ice cream for dessert.

Kris helped set the table, he also served the drinks and he helped me serve the dishes. I could see the shocked expression on Charles’ face, but I laughed it out. Dad was happy seeing me so happy after such a long time, and he also laughed.

I guess everything was going fine now; just one thing ruined the night.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow?” I asked Kris before he left.

There was no school tomorrow and I was hoping that Kris might come over and we could just chill or watch some movies and all, but the next thing I heard from him just tore me.

“Look Harmony… I really think we shouldn’t be friends, I mean look at you and look at me. You’re perfectly fine, and I’m deaf. We can’t be friends…” I knew what was coming next, but before he could, I lost my patience and I let out all my anger.

“Oh, I see what you’re saying. Why don’t I be friends with the ‘perfectly fine’ people and you could be friends with the ‘deaf’ people! You know… we could be on opposite teams and have a battle to see who’s better because apparently in your eyes, deaf people suck!” I yelled at him. I didn’t even know if what I was saying even made sense or not, but honestly… I just hated him at this moment.

The one thing that sucked was that he couldn’t hear me and it pissed me off! “Why are you looking down at your feet?!  Look at me when I’m talking because you should know what I’m saying!” I shook his shoulders to grab his attention.

He always ended up ruining my perfect day with his stupid logics of how a deaf person can’t be friends with a person who could hear!

This was ridiculous!

“Let it out, Harmony… just let it out” he looked down at his shoes again with sadness all over his face.

I think I said too much, but still… he always considered himself as a ‘nobody’ and he expected me to do the same. Well, to me he was more than a ‘nobody’, and he was more than a ‘somebody’.