Chapter Twenty| It's Okay To Be Selfish Sometimes

Banner Credit: sassycec951 -She is the best reader ever and I love her for all the support she's given me. Her art is brilliant and the banner on the side is fantabulous! 

[Ps. Check out Kiss Me] 61268708 + External Link on the side --->

Chapter Twenty| It’s Okay To Be Selfish Sometimes

-Harmony Adler-

“I loved you, I love you and I’ll continue loving you endlessly…” I mutter more to myself as I lace my fingers through Kris’. We were in his room, lying on his bed. While he was sleeping so soundlessly, I was staring at him like a drunken creeper.

When we came back from our date, we didn’t do anything but just lay together in each other’s arms. It was the only thing we wanted.

This was probably my second time sleeping with Kris, and when I say ‘sleeping’, I really do mean sleeping. The first time had quite a lot of problems to deal with, but we went over that. Hopefully, tonight my miracle boy could sleep peacefully without any nightmares. If God forbids he does wake up in the middle of the night, then I’ll stick by him throughout the night and comfort him.

“I love you so much,” I mumble as I place a soft kiss in his hair. He smelt deliciously good, but I knew that now was not a time to mess around. Kris seemed so peaceful and as if her were completely relaxed. The innocent look on his face had me admiring him even more.

“Stop staring…” the groan that left Kris’ mouth had my eyes widen in surprise. All this time I had thought he was asleep and it was just me rambling to myself.

“I just think you’re too cute,” I wink and then leap forward to kiss him.

“And I think Riley misses you already.” He grumbles and reaches behind his back only to pull out my vibrating phone.

Incoming Call: Riley :*

“Hey what’s wrong?” I ask instantly.

Seconds pass by and I don’t get a reply, and then finally I do, “Your friend Hunter… he’s not letting me go.” She said a little bit hesitant.

“He’s drunk.” I say and then trail my index finger across Kris’ jawline, “he’s going to pass out in mere seconds so just stay there for a little while… please.”

“That’s fine with me, but are you sure you don’t want to call his mom to pick him up or something?”

“No!” I instantly say, “Anna will freak out and Hunter, God only knows what she’ll do with him. Just let him stay in my room and I’ll be there early in the morning; we can get him out then.”

“Okay, but just be early… please.”

“Yeah, I will.” I end the call and stare at my phone.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asks me.

I shake my head as in saying that there is nothing wrong, but obviously he knows me better. The fact that Riley didn’t sound so chirpy like she always did was bugging me at the current moment. No matter how serious the situation may be, Riley always surprised everyone at being so happy and she always made the situation seem positive than negative. Today, however, she sounded differently over the phone.

“I’m going to have to leave early in the morning,” I say and glance out the window. With my fingers curled in Kris’ locks and his playing with the hem of my shirt, we kept an absolute silence in the room. It wasn’t awkward and nor was it normal for us to do. It was new and very unusual of us to just remain quiet.