Chapter 4

"WHATCHA OVER HERE doing?" Blake King entered the sunroom to find Aurora sitting crisscrossed on a yoga mat. 

The young girl didn't even acknowledge her father. She was focused on the matter at hand. 

Her mind was practically its own world. People's thoughts and emotions had begun to flood the girl's head. Wells said it's an extension of her powers. While Barry's powers are speed-based all of hers come from her mind. She could move things with her mind so it wasn't crazy to think that she could move other people's feelings and thoughts into her own head. 

"Peach?" The man's brows pulled together as he watched his daughter. He came to stand in front of her. He crouched down and gently put his hand on the girl's leg. 

Aurora's eyes flung open. "Daddy?" 

"Where were you? I've been searching all over the house for you." Blake smiled at her. 

"I was meditating." Aurora gestured to the yoga mat underneath her. 

Blake nodded his head. He didn't understand why his thirteen-year-old daughter was meditating but he would support it. "I came to find you to let you know that I'm going out of town." 

This wasn't new to the girl. Blake spent half the year out of town anyway. During the school year, she'd either stay with Joe or here at the house if his assistant, Vivian, wasn't traveling with him. 

"I wanted to know if you wanted to stay with Joe or go stay with Bruce. I'm only gone for the week and you're on winter break right now and I'll be back before Christmas so..." He trailed off near the end. 

The girl shrugged. "I wouldn't mind going to Gotham. I can hang out with Dick and he'll take me to the Tree Lighting Ceremony. I'm sure we can even get Bruce to tag along." 

Blake stood to his feet. "I'll arrange your flight while you go ahead and pack your bags." 

Aurora frowned. "Wait you're leaving today?" The man had promised her weeks ago he would take her to the office so she could see the new unveiling of some new creation the scientists had developed at their company. She had been excited about it. 

"I'm sorry, Peach." Blake mirrored Aurora's expression. "Something came up and I have to go handle it." 

"You're not the only one who can go handle things, Dad." Aurora pushed to her feet. Anger creased her brows. "There are other people who are just as qualified to clean up messes at our other facilities." 

"Aurora, don't be like that. I can give you access to the files of the new prototype and you can read all about it." Blake waved the girl's frustration off.