Chapter 8- The Truth

"And she died on the way to the hospital," Miles said. He had just finished telling them about the incident. They all gasped, as usual.
"Guys, I found it!!"

"Schwoz why do you sound excited?" Ray said, "oh, sorry," Schwoz said back. "Guys I found it." Schwoz corrected himself, not sounding excited this time. "Well? What did you find?" Bose said nervously, worried about what he would say. "She was arrested for murder in 2017." He said in a disappointing tone. The rest of the team sat there in shock, except for Miles and Mika, Ray had an angry face, it was pretty obvious that he was angry about having a criminal in danger force.

"I told you guys," Miles said with a quiet voice. "Why didn't you tell us, Miles?" Ray asked. "Because I could see that Chapa liked her job and I didn't want to ruin it for her, I knew she would be a good superhero so I didn't want to get in the way of that," Miles explained, which made sense, maybe she was trying to turn her life around. "Well I'm going to go look for some court transcripts, hopefully, I'll find something." Schwoz said as he left the room. Ray followed him.

"Well, it's five in the morning, I'm tired and I want to go home and sleep," Miles said. "Mika, are you coming?" "Ya, one sec." She replied.

She went over to Bose and leaned down to whisper in his ear. "You know, if you don't like Chapa because she's kind of a murderer, I'm always an option.." She said while smirking, and left the room. Bose sat there alone, confused and shocked. While the others were probably living their best lives, Bose wanted to cry, but he knew he couldn't, he had to stay strong for Chapa in case something like this happens again.

Miles POV

When we arrived home, I noticed something strange, these past few days, when we got home Mika has been going straight to her room. So I decided to sneak into her room while Mika was sleeping to find out why,

It's 7 am right now so I think it might be the perfect time to sneak into Mika's room since she wakes up at 8.

I slowly made my way down the hall and reached Mika's door, I slowly opened the door only to find her awake, mumbling some weird shit, writing down a bunch of crap on a piece of paper, she saw me at the corner of her eye and freaked out "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM MILES!?" She screamed, literally blowing me out of her room. I got back up quickly only to see a knife in her hands. "You wanna be next huh?" She said.

Ray POV

Schwoz sat by me on the circle couch, reading the court transcripts he found. "Hey, Schwoz, if Chapa was arrested for murder wouldn't she have to do at least 10 years in prison?" I asked, obviously curious as to why she only did two years in prison. "Yes, she would." He replied. "Well can I see the transcripts?" I asked him "Ok, but there are only the transcripts as to why she got out, she didn't need to go to court to be arrested because she pleaded guilty."

I started reading it and when I got to the second paragraph I couldn't believe what I read. "HOLY SH-" I blurted out, shocked that that happened to her. No one deserves that, and I mean no one.

________________________________________

Do y'all still like this book? Im nervous bc I haven't updated in a long fucking time so yea..