Chapter 11

Adrita's Pov

Mr Cinderella: Movie at my house?

Me: hmm what if I am busy?

Mr Cinderella: What if it's a romcom? Still busy?

Me: Has my foot become my tutor now?

Me Cinderella: 😑

Me: on my way.

Me Cinderella: waiting

We two have come so far. Haven't we? It's surreal how time flies. Who would have thought we would turn like this? It feels as if everything happened in slow motion yet our time together couldn't pass more quickly.

Walking up to my car, the remembrance of him hugging me, mumbling those words to me hits me, and I am again embraced by an impassioned, unbridled feeling. Truthfully, I was too stunned to even be able to comprehend my surroundings. All I know is...that it couldn't be more surreal.

I glance at the dark clouds draping the sky as I drive through the lonely roads. Everything feels so joyful but the silence of the car doesn't sit well with me, so I turn on the radio and the voice of the host fills the silence.

"Hi! I am your host Megha and this Megha of yours is quite happy as her favourite rainy urf Megh season is on its way, and to celebrate this beautiful season we present you a beautiful song...

Rim jhim gire sawan..."

After parking my car around a corner I message Anirudh notifying him that I have reached. I stare at his door waiting for it to open. Nervousness rocks through me as I realise I have never been in here and his grandmother is most probably home.

"Welcome." Grinning, Anirudh welcomes me and gestures for me to sit on the sofa as he runs toward the kitchen to bring something to eat.

He returns with his hands cradling a bowl brimming with popcorn and two cans of soft drinks. "Play whatever movie you want. But it shouldn't be less than 3 hr."

"Your Grandma isn't home?"

"Nah, she went out to meet her friends."

Throughout the movie, Anirudh remains restless, every 10 minutes his eyes seem to wander across the living room toward the window and then he would start checking his phone, sometimes he would pretend to watch the movie but then would sneak glances at me. And this went on for the whole 2 hr and 35 minutes. Whenever I would ask if he was alright he would just smile and nod his head.

The movie was about to reach its climax when the booming sound of thunder reaches our ears, Anirudh sits upright at the sound and lets out a nervous grin. I stare at him, confused by his weird actions but before I could ask him anything, he drags me toward the stair and ascends the stair with urgency mixed with nervousness, making me almost fall down the stairs.

Another lightning strikes the air as we enter the terrace and tiny droplets fall on my face. I glance up at the sky to come across opaque clouds passing through the sky as cool breezes whirl around us. My eyes fell on the various plants whose leaves rustle and dance to the tunes of the wind.

Soon the drizzle turns into a full downpour taking only two minutes to drench both of us from head to toe. Squinting my eyes, I peer at Anirudh who stood like a statue in the middle of the terrace. Shouting I drag him by his hands to get back inside, but he resists and tugs me toward himself, making my stupid heart skip one or two beats.

I glance up at him as he stares down at me with an unknown emotion bubbling in his eyes.

"Hi." He says.

"Hi," I reply.

"Have I ever told you I suck at philosophical stuff and words that make one aww?"

I shake my head in disagreement, even if he had told me something along that line, I don't think I am capable enough to remember it now.

A droplet falls on his lips as he grins and begins, "Well, know you know." Moving a piece of drenched hair away from my eyes he adds, "I... I have never imagined myself like this. I have been nervous a lot but never like this. I have never really felt this chaotic mixture of nervousness, excitement, and happiness, all bundled in one. And now that I feel it I don't ever want to miss it. I think I like you, Princess Charming. I think I like everything about you and with you."

Another thunder shook the ground and the pitter-patter of rain seemed to get a little louder though none significant enough to break me out of this spellbinding trance.

Anirudh shuts his eyes in frustration as his lips don't follow up with the words he most probably revised numerous times, huffing out a sign he gives me a soft look and confesses, "You are already my ray of sunshine, Adrita. Let me be yours? Be mine?"

The emotional wreck is the phrase that suits me right now. It's a miracle I haven't fainted till now. I don't think I have any words that could define how I feel, all I know is that it is a mixture of everything.

Not knowing how to utter full sentences, I mumble out a simple yet crucial word, "Yes!"

The moment I mumbled out the single syllable I was engulfed in a tight hug, a laugh bubbles out my lips as Anirudh swirls me around in his arms which enables the raindrops to strike me more sharply.

Putting me down Anirudh kissed my hair and grinned widely at me.

"Was this all planned or a lovely coincidence?" I ask.

"As much as I would like to call it a coincidence, it wasn't. Of course, I didn't have it in me to strike a deal with Indra dev but I had been keeping tabs on the weather for a while? Though the timeline of realising my feelings and the rainy season worked out in my favour. Heck! Did I make it sound boring?"

I couldn't help but stare blankly at him, "Can there be anything more beautiful than this? You remembered the little detail I told you ages ago, you kept tabs on the weather for me!"

Not being able to contain myself, I encircle my arms around his neck and hug him tightly.

"You remember you asked me why I asked you for my birthday dance?" I gaze up at an intrigued Anirudh as he raises a single eyebrow. "For this day."

Shocked, Anirudh pushes himself back from our embrace and stares at me with wide eyes. "Really?"

I agree it was a little bit embarrassing to admit it out loud but I had no regrets until he said his next words.

"With the way my ego just got inflated, I feel like I can fly."

I smack his chest and push myself away but Anirudh pulls me back and once again embraces me in his arms.

A loud sneeze from Anirudh makes me push myself back although his arms still stay wrapped around my waist. "Let's go inside. You are going to get ill!"

Not paying heed to my concerns Anirudh sways me around humming an old tune  while the skies pour down their blessing, and the little plants dance, coupling up with the raw breeze as everything around us seems to celebrate us.

Song of the chapter: Baarish ka Asar

By: Twin strings

*****

Author's note:

So, do you have a liking for rain?