02

Italic - thoughts

same day;
4:35 pm

JEON HANEUL

"Marry me" I straightforwardly said while looking at Heeseung who's eating instant ramyeon infront of me.

He then started coughing and slightly started punching his chest.

We're currently in the hospital's cafeteria, eating after the very intense emergencies earlier.

"What drugs have you been hitting on huh? Earlier you asked me when I'll be asking you to marry me. Now, you're asking me to marry you?" He said in disbelief, looking at me with a judging face, and mouth full of noodles.

"Have you forgotten that we're not even dating?" he rolled his eyes and focused on his noodles again.

"Let's date then!" I accidentally said a little loud, making some of the people around the hospital's cafeteria look at us.

"Hey, if you like me just confess properl-"

"Ew! As if!" I quickly denied and rolled my eyes. He laughed and continued eating.

I'll never confess, Lee Heeseung.

"Then tell me, why do you suddenly wanna get married? Like, you're shocking the hell out of me" he asked and drank some water.

"Xavier said-"

"Oh please don't believe that guy. He's a whole personified fake news" he cut me off and scoffed.

"I'm not even done yet!" I rolled my eyes and moved the empty cup of instant ramyeon away from me to explain things to him properly.

"He said that he over heard Nurse Faith and Nurse Kim's conversation. The hospital will be giving free high quality apartment to newlyweds staff or to those who will get married. I also asked Nurse Kim and she said it's true. The hospital's director said it to her a few days ago."

"You know how much I wanted my own apartment right? Plus it will be free and high quality!" I explained and also drank some water.

He just looked at me and slightly tilted his head.

"So... we'll get married to get a free high quality apartment?" He asked, a slight frown visible on his face.

"Exactly!" I clapped and smiled.

Quick-witted, I love it.

"You could've just asked me. I could literally get you a whole damn house Haneul" he boasted and smugly looked at me.

"Oh please, here goes your ego again. Plus, you've helped me financially a lot of times already! it's not like you're a genie that will grant anything I ask for"

"And can you be serious for a while?" I rolled my eyes.

"Like, we could just get a divorce after a few months or a year!" I kept on persuading him.

God, what am I even doing.

"If you marry me, I won't ever let you go. idiot" He whispered in which I didn't clearly hear.

"If I marry you, you won't what?" I frowned, trying to think what he just said.

"I said, if you marry me we should also pretend infront of our parents. They'll just probably get you an apartment if they find out that we'll get married only to get a free high quality apartment"

"Especially my parents, they literally treat you as their child more than me" he explained and rolled his eyes after saying the last sentence.

I just nodded and placed my chin on the palm of my hand as I rested my elbow on the table.